CDC with gold or silver hardware?

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
UK
Which should I buy? I think the gold looks richer but my watch which I mostly wear is silver tone.

BHmommy

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
city of angels
for me, it depends on the color of the leather/lizard/gator skin.

for black or amethyst gator, i like GHW - it makes the dark colors pop so nicely! for mykonos lizard, i prefer the PHW (don't even think GHW exists for this combo).

for ombre lizard, i like both PHW and GHW.

glamourbag

O.G.
Feb 25, 2010
I also agree that I think it depends on the color of the skin. Some skins look better with a cool metal while others look better with warm. The skins undertone will determine which I prefer. However, most of the time I can say I really like GHW.

joiseygirl

Spike's mommy
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
Joisey Shore
I think it not only depends on the color of the skin, but also the jewelry you usually wear. I wear white gold/platinum, so I tend to stick with phw.

Feb 20, 2010
I think black looks classic with gold. I'm also on the hunt for the GHW CDC !!!
But if you wear alot of silver watches, I would stick to phw ~

I think black + phw looks young vs black +ghw looks classic

Hope it helped ~:lol:

poptarts

O.G.
Aug 21, 2007
For black leather I agree GHW looks great but it really depends on what you normally wear. If you enjoy wearing silver more then definitely go with that.

good life

clockwork orange
O.G.
Nov 1, 2010
orange side of the moon
Here's the bad news, once you get one, you're hooked and you can't stop with there. So, the good news is you'll eventually get both hardware. If you love GHW, get it with black. There's plenty of other colors you can do with PHW. Good luck!!!

Attachments

designergoods

barenia
O.G.
Jul 3, 2009
With my family
I have a silver colored watch also that I always wear. I do have a PHW barenia CDC and it does match nicely when I pair it with other platinum jewelry. However, I just got a gold CDC in rouge and it still looks great with my silver watch! Therefore, I think either color is good...you will probably eventually get both! :yes:

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I have both in different leather and I must say I like the phw more. It really depends on the leather/color combo. For Ombre I like phw more, for greens I love ghw.

lala28

Mar 17, 2010
USA, Texas
Here are a few of my choices:

Amethyst with palladium
Bougainvillea, fuschia and tosca with palladium
Greens with gold hardware
Fauve and havanne with palladium
Chocolate with gold
Rouge H with gold
Mykonos and Bleu de Malt with palladium
Sanguine and orange with palladium