CDC trouble at the airport

Alex Cheng

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone here travel here with their CDCs have trouble at the airport? I am making plans for a vacation and this time I've decided to bring some bracelets mainly CDCs but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Will I have any trouble going pass security or will they assume my bracelets are weapons because of the spiky points? I know, sounds silly, but my friend got in trouble with his Christian Louboutin rollerboys and thank God I didn't wear mines.

Will they be confiscating my bracelet or do you guys safely go pass security no problem? I'll be bringing them in my carry on to prevent luggage lost.

When I passed through JFK last month with my CDC in my carry-on purse, the TSA flagged my purse for inspection. They looked over the CDC and stuck a wand in my bag to check for chemical residue.

Luckily, I wasn't in a hurry so I was rather amused by the whole experience.

Although you might be asked to remove the CDC as you pass through the metal detector, it is highly unlikely that TSA will consider it to be a weapon.

However, if your CDC is an exotic leather, you should travel with its CITES paperwork which shows the skin's country of origin. Without that paperwork and depending upon the country you are entering, the CDC could be confiscated.

to this day i usually wear one on take it off put in my bag they pass security and i put it back on so...... up to know no issues i very much hope not my CDCs are my emergency salt and pepper for my every day looks. jeans t shirt and a cdc perfect !

to this day i usually wear one on take it off put in my bag they pass security and i put it back on so...... up to know no issues i very much hope not my CDCs are my emergency salt and pepper for my every day looks. jeans t shirt and a cdc perfect !

this is how i do it as well and so far no issues, domestic and international flights

I don't think you should have any issue with CDC on carry-on.

I did set off the metal detector yesterday with 2 clic clacs so I just had to remove them and place in the bin. That was about it.

Last edited:
no real issues with cdc's traveling both international and domestic. just make sure you don't wear them going through security.

one time though, i have been asked to open my carry on since i had packed 3 cdc's. they probably saw the studs on the xray. they looked at them and i might have mumbled something like "they're cuffs." they put back the cdc's, no questions, no real issues. although my husband was rolling his eyes :sneaky:

being that it happened at an international airport, i worried a bit that they might look for the CITES which i didn't have at that time. i normally don't take it with me.

I know lots of women who get questioned if they WEAR the CDC, but never for just carrying it. I put mine in my carryon...no need to tease the TSA ;)
Now, the McQueen clutches - i have a friend who had hers taken by the TSA!