CDC Question

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
Hi all,
I have a quick question about the Collier de Chien cuff bracelets. I am still quite new to Hermes and I have been educating myself with all the informative threads in the Reference section, but I am still quite confused about certain things.

For instance, what leathers are used for the CDC bracelets? I mean the non-exotic ones... I noticed the majority is a type of smooth black leather, but I have seen a white one and an orange one with a subtle pebbly grain... Are all CDC non exotics made only from smooth leather? Are the pebbly ones fake? I hope you can all clear up the confusion and thanks so much in advance :smile:

Swift in many cases but I have seen chevre barenia and many others I think my mykonos is an undefined I can't tell really because it has grain but it's not clemence or Togo good question but swift is used a lot on theese beauties!!!

Thanks for all the responses :smile:

birkel is your mykonos a grained/pebbled leather? I'm most curious about these 'cos most (actually ALL) of the CDC's I see in H stores are swift and epsom. I wonder if the pebbled/grained ones I see on people I know are authentic.

most (actually ALL) of the CDC's I see in H stores are swift and epsom. I wonder if the pebbled/grained ones I see on people I know are authentic.

If you buy at an H store, it will be authentic. If you buy elsewhere, be sure to have it authenticated if you aren't able to judge on your own.

If your acquaintances have truly pebbled leather on their "CDCs," they probably are fake.

Thanks for all of your replies. The pebbly ones I've seen are probably Epsom. Now I have a new dilemma... Which one to buy? Epsom or Swift? I love the exotics as well but they're really not "me".

I love the look of the Swift leather, just because it's so soft and smooth. But I cant help feeling that Epsom might be a "sturdier" leather.... I'm hoping to buy one within this week. The problem with me is, when I obsess about something, I cant sleep properly until I buy it LOL.

So... Swift or Epsom? Swift or Epsom? Ahhh the endless choices.... Thats the thing I hate and love about Hermes. So many leather variations, leather/hardware combos, sizes, etc.

I have both swift and epsom. Both are beautiful leathers. I think i like swift one more just because its very comfortable to wear, sometimes I dont even feel that its there. But swift is more delicate than epsom.
However if you like certain color, you have no choice. Like the white one only comes in epsom if im not mistaken. Good luck with your choice.

Thanks so much for the advice :smile:
So do certain colors only come in certain leathers? I really want an orange one, preferably in epsom. I love swift for the same reason you mentioned but I do not want to have to "baby" my stuff, especially a bracelet. I dont wanna be constantly looking at it to see if its okay....
Do you know if orange is available in epsom?

I've had my Swift iphone case for a few months and I have used it every single day with no wear. It goes in and out of my pocket, has fallen on the carpet and even the bare hardwood floor. Swift is not as delicate as it may appear. I think corner wear on bags is quite different from a bracelet. BUT, don't wear it if you are doing construction work!

I am not sure about orange in epsom for CdC. I've only seen orange gator CdC. But they do make orange kelly double tour in epsom, so the orange CdC in epsom should be available?