CDC quest...

prettychic

toute suite
O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
Does anyone have pictures or pros and cons about the doblis or chamonix CDC. I am about to buy a first CDC and have to make sure it is the leather I want. Doblis looks like suede to me. Does it get spots easier than plain calfskin. Should I get a color to match my new rubis swift birkin w/ phw, or is it too matchy matchy. Is it better to play safe with a neutral like vert bronze? Or is it better to go with iris which is so unique?
oy.....Decisions!:ty::ty::ty:

Doblis IS suede.

I would rather get a normal leather CDC, rather than doblis, which can dirty easily and is not easy to maintain.

I don't think getting a CDC in rubis to match your bag is too matchy-matchy.. I would do exactly the same thing ;)

pyrexia, thanks, you are a "fountain of H knowledge", that is the answer I hoped, I didn't know what doblis was, but saw this term on another thread on CDC's and my boutique has so many doblis but I thought they stain...I refrained from buying until I got home and asked my amazing tpfr's...!

prettychic -I avoided the Doblis for the same reason - I was afraid it would stain too easily (eating, washing hands, etc)

You are lucky you have a choice right now with CDC colors. I was told by Hermes that they are on back order right now because the demand has been so high, and the craftsmen have not been able to meet the demand. If you see one you love, grab it ;) Best of luck to you!

thanks birkel:I was worried about that and stayed away from buying them
thanks Ranag: No wonder my H store only has doblis in unexciting colors and in doblis, I will ask my SA to check other locations for me

prettychick: I think we must be shopping at the same boutique because I saw several doblis CDCs while in the store yesterday:biggrin:. Just to offer a different point of view, I have a small collection of these bracelets all in croc/alligator and one barenia so I'm already pretty careful about water, etc. In the end, I chose a dark colored doblis to take home with me. I was told that, at least in the dark colors, the doblis develops a nice patina over time.

I was told that, at least in the dark colors, the doblis develops a nice patina over time.

This is very good information to know, birkingirl. I generally prefer the exotics, but I am always looking for something different in a CDC. Do you know if the doblis can be treated with a suede protector?

prettychic: thanks! I got it in ebene with PHW and I think that it will work with both my etoupe and havanne bags. I hope you get yours soon! Also, congrats on your rubis birkin, it must be stunning. Swift is my favorite leather for this color.