Alexander Wang ~*cayenne rockie reveal! Plus comparison with rocco!!! Pic overload!*~

cinnabun brought up a great question! when i tried on rockie and rocco, noticed rockie hung a little lower so i detached both straps and measured them just for u gals!

ROCCO STRAP: ~36.5"
ROCKIE: ~44.5"
(both measured from where the leather part starts on the engraved "AW" hardware clasp)

there are 3 adjustment levels and i find the 2nd one to be great for me carrying crossbody - the mod shots i posted from yesterday was actually at the LONGEST length before i changed it to the 2nd hole!! HTH!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,028
Cee, this bag was made for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful color and leather, the Rockie is adorable!! It's size is quite deceiving...looks quite a bit smaller than Rocco in some of your pics and then not all that much in others. Anyhow, I too am curious about the opening and getting in and out...do you feel like you could leave the flap unzipped or would it need to be zipped each time to get in and out? Also how do you feel like the weight compares to Rocco, is there a significant difference? Looks fab on you and most def. should be a keeper!! :flowers:

thanks scoobie!! :hugs: i think u can definitely leave it unzipped, not completely bc the zipper actually goes back pretty far, i'll attach come pics for u! i zipped it about halfway and it actually looks super cute like this! and like i was saying, the size is a lot more compact than Rocco so Rockie keeps his shape so perfectly!! as in the side don't collapse in like they do with Rocco sometimes! :P oh and about the weight.... i personally feel that rockie's just a tad lighter than Rocco, which doesn't really bother me, but may be a dealbreaker for some.

Cee, how are you liking the size so far? When I saw it last night, I was shocked at how much smaller it actually is than the Rocco.

blue, to answer ur question..... i don't just like, i'm LOVING the size!!! it's the perfect size for everyday. it makes Rocco look like a small carry-on bag lol

It looks so good on you!:smile: Loving the size of it, definitely a keeper!
I'm pretty short as well and you made me think of getting it because it looks like the perfect size for a tiny person.

yes, u should totally check rockie out!! i think AW struck gold with this style for those who want a smaller version of the classic!

Congrats!!! He is SSSOOOOOOOOO adorable and looks great on you. What incredible pebbling! You must keep it. :yes:

aw thanks foxgal!! and yes, i'm planning on it!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
pics to show how Rockie looks with zippers fully unzipped and partially zipped! :P

WHEW!!! OKAY, I'M DONE. FEEL LIKE I JUST DID A Q&A!! LOL. HOPE THIS THREAD HELPS OUT WITH THOSE WHO ARE CURIOUS ABOUT ROCKIE... I WOULD SAY I 100% WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND THIS NEW STYLE!! I THINK THE ONLY ISSUE SOME MAY HAVE IS THE WEIGHT AND THE ZIPPERS, BUT BOTH ISSUES PERSONALLY DON'T BOTHER ME AT ALL! :P

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 823
yeah, rockie fits a TON! without all the extra space on the top of a rocco, kwim?

good to know! which emile do u have? :graucho: i'd love to see it on u since we're the same height! :smile: with the way i'm smitten by rockie, i don't think there's a competition right now between the two! lol

i have the small parchment. i only took one junky mod shot but it's in the "reference" threads under "emile", haha, i'm the only one that posted there.

i have the small parchment. i only took one junky mod shot but it's in the "reference" threads under "emile", haha, i'm the only one that posted there.

betty, u look so cute in that mod shot!! now i'm for sure the small emile is the right size for us shorter gals! :P so u haven't carried him much? i think he looks great on u!!

i'm so buying him, i got tha partial "ok" last night from DH. hahaha

muahaha YES!! :ghi5::party: what color are u planning on getting?? :graucho:

Too freakin cute looks lovely on you!!!!:hbeat:

aw thanks girl!

Aw, cee! I shouldn't have looked in here! It looks PERFECT on you!!!

...and you got me wanting one!!! Arrrgh.

Nest year...next year...

hi doi! :wave: i'm totally loving seeing so many minkettes in the AW forum!! :biggrin: hehe it's such a fun little bag and highly recommended!

Lolz... I did too! He said sell more RMs... :giggles:

:graucho::graucho::giggles::happydance::woohoo:

Love this little gem! Thanks for all the shots/comparisons and what fits inside. She looks great on you!

susan, it's no problem at all! and thanks! :smile:

That color, the pebbling are stunning! How lush!

:amuse: yes, i'm very happy with this bag and totally lucked out with the gorgeous pebbling!!

I LOVE this color!
I sent my black/brass back because I found it boring. I wish they made the brass more gold. I think I've owned too many rocco bags. This one is exciting!!!

thanks boxermom! i think there are so many fun colors coming out and i already have a black rocco so this decision was easy! and i'm a huge fan of RED! btw, what color are u thinking about getting?? :graucho: i'm very curious about the green one (and not that lime one on saks... i think the leather is the same smooth leather like on the rocco resin ones) and isn't there a yellow as well? and not referring to mustard cause that one's suede....

Bc u ladies rock, here are some more pics!!

As u can see, it does fit an ipad and zips closed without a problem!

OMG I love it!! It looks so cute on you!! I'm going to wait until the full fall collection comes out, and if there's no rose gold, I'll just pull the trigger on the black/brass version! :nuts:

Sidenote - is an Ipad useful for rotations? Or would an Iphone be better? I'm planning on getting an Iphone next summer, but are Ipads easier to use? Sorry for random question!