Caviar of serie 30xxxxxx !! Your thoughts?

Can you check right at the flap edge? On top of the cc logo? Is the caviar peeling in anyway? I got my 20B caviar in chevron today and it was a total mess! See pictures. I'm trying to see if it's even worth it to seek a replacement or should I just wait until cruise since this season's caviar seems not so great? Or maybe it's just mine. ‍:hrmm:

E5E1FD73-18AB-4D04-AFC6-48404A2E3FD4.jpeg

Can you check right at the flap edge? On top of the cc logo? Is the caviar peeling in anyway? I got my 20B caviar in chevron today and it was a total mess! See pictures. I'm trying to see if it's even worth it to seek a replacement or should I just wait until cruise since this season's caviar seems not so great? Or maybe it's just mine. ‍:hrmm:

View attachment 4842291
Hi Mine doesn't have any showing in your picture.

I purchased the same bag on 2020/9/7. I wish it is a bit puffier and shinier. I had choices of 3 GHW small CF. None of them were perfect. One had very dull and flat quilts. I couldn't feel the caviar with my finger tips. One of them was a bit shinier but the lining had huge air pocket. I turned down both. The SA magically pulled another one out which is the one I purchased. There was a SHW one with puffy and shiny perfect caviar. My mind was set on Gold so I picked this one. What would you pick? The silver puffy perfect one or settling for GOLD. By the way, the lining of all 4 bags all have air pockets. They are not nicely tugged like my other bags. Do your bag have the same issue?

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked at my new one i got last month and my inside has no air pockets its flush to each corner and mines a 299xxx series View attachment 4843361
Yours looks beautiful!
Now I am very concerned. I know it's not normal to have air pocket inside but all 4 small CF had the air pocket in some degree. What is the odds? One of them was really bad, both the bottom and the side had huge lumps. I know it's just a bag and I probably wouldn't care this much in a couple months. However, those things such as air pockets, not so puffy and shiny quilts, pop stitches, small scratches etc. still take the joy out of a new purchase.

Last edited:
Hi just wanted to get some assurance here as I am quite new to Chanel ,these are my 2 new classic caviar flaps in the 30 series . They are not as pebbled and quite smooth to the touch .

there was another more pebbled medium for me to choose but the 4 corners at the bottom were not pebbled ( as in you can see some bald spots)

I understand each batch of caviar is different , so hoping this series wears well

Is smoother caviar less durable in any way to a rougher more pebbled one ?

hope to get some opinions here . Thank you thank you to the thread starter too ;)

02854502-4C4D-4862-9CD7-D0F9E91C2128.jpeg

3765CD81-49D5-4AA3-8A84-82602EBD3F89.jpeg

Hi just wanted to get some assurance here as I am quite new to Chanel ,these are my 2 new classic caviar flaps in the 30 series . They are not as pebbled and quite smooth to the touch .

there was another more pebbled medium for me to choose but the 4 corners at the bottom were not pebbled ( as in you can see some bald spots)

I understand each batch of caviar is different , so hoping this series wears well

hope to get some opinions here . Thank you thank you to the thread starter too ;)

View attachment 4873884

View attachment 4873885

I love yours. I prefer the smoother caviar to the more pebbly kind. It almost looks like lamb. Mine is more pebbly.

Reactions: Shanneo

View attachment 4873884

View attachment 4873885
Which location did you purchase it from. I’m still on waitlist :sad: