Caviar leather. Edge color fading

:confused1:I find this all rather strange

Leather doesnt just fade colour miraculously, does it? to make something decolour, i think there has to be some sort of chemical reaction which can be caused by sunshine, perfume, liquids.. colours on other clothing.

Also, I am trying to u understand which season ur mini is... i got mjne jn march 2018 and its not matte and the caviar has bigger pebbles, it loons like a classic flap.. was yours a leftover of the 17season?? Just trying to pinpoint it down.. id be surprised if it was available in february if they came out with the newer 18S just a month later... the SA should really help u out.

No. It’s not a mini flap.

It’s a seasonal flap. Look like mini flap.
But it has three compartments.
And the interior is fabric

Too bad I don’t have the tag. And I forgot the name is the bag.

I agree with many posters on here. Leather just doesn’t fade like that. I bought my black caviar CF in April 2018 and I also store it in my closet and it still looks the same as on the day I got it.
My caviar grains are also bigger, so maybe yours is from 2017? Either way, such an expensive bag shouldn’t just look like this if taken care of. And I would bring it to another boutique or SA while your still within the 1 year date span from date of purchase. Good luck!

Yes. I will bring it to another boutique.
And yes, it is still in the one year time span.

Update.

I asked another SA. He sent the bag to the repair center.

However. He is not sure what the repair center can do. Because they don’t re-dye the bags.

Thank you guys so so much.

I’ll update again soon

So sorry to hear that from you. Many says the mini flap got worse quality than classic flap. Not saying that the classic flap in 100% better in quality. There are many case of the leather peeling in this kind of small pebbles leather. I don’t know if Chanel is trying to use this kind of new caviar texture leather for all their bags sooner or later. They have used it for many seasonal color caviar. IMO I would avoid this kind of small pebbles caviar leather. They are not as durable as the old caviar leather which is really durable. For the new caviar leather is even worse than lamb skin leather or calf skin leather. Just my opinion. [emoji8]

Reactions: Fine Frenzy
Hi everyone,

I got this Jumbo recently from NM and upon close inspection I noticed that the grains on the edges are almost smooth and sort of faded. I am concerned if it would start showing wear sooner than normal. Should I return this and get another one? What are the things to consider while evaluating the quality of caviar? I will greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!

Attachments

• e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Jum3.jpg
    Jum3.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 275
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 271
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 269
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 269
Hi everyone,

I got this Jumbo recently from NM and upon close inspection I noticed that the grains on the edges are almost smooth and sort of faded. I am concerned if it would start showing wear sooner than normal. Should I return this and get another one? What are the things to consider while evaluating the quality of caviar? I will greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!

I think it looks OK. But if u are concerned, go to the store and see if there's a better one?

Hi everyone,

I would exchange it for a near perfect one. For this price, there should be no fading of the color and the color, puffiness, etc should be uniform throughout.

Hi everyone,

Definitely return it! This bag looks like it was used before and then returned to the boutique and now sold to you... definitely not looking brand new to me.