Caviar leather. Edge color fading

Fine Frenzy

Aug 12, 2015
F34EEF0E-DC3A-465A-BFD8-8A9DA960002E.jpeg 2B6A645A-3747-4771-80A4-A237CE8EB85B.jpeg 614AAFCA-BB63-465B-9C62-36300851C45C.jpeg Merry Christmas! Everyone!

I bought this bag February 2018.

Take good care of it. Never left it in the sunlight. I don’t know why the color faded.

I consulted a Chanel SA, she said it’s normal wear. Nothing she can do about it.

I cant really see what u are referring to.. are all the sides turning grey?! Are u sure the way you stored it/where you put it didnt allow for any sun to hit the sides, even wirh the sun moving during the day?

Reactions: Fine Frenzy
I cant really see what u are referring to.. are all the sides turning grey?! Are u sure the way you stored it/where you put it didnt allow for any sun to hit the sides, even wirh the sun moving during the day?

Ya. The sides are kinda brown and grey.

I put it in the closet. So, I don’t think it’s the sun.

Maybe the quality of seasonal flap leather isn’t as good as the cf

Send it off to be refurbished. I recommend LeatherPros, but many here have had great success with Leather Surgeons. This IS strange, but it can be fixed.

Ya. I’m thinking if I should leave it as it is.
Or fix it.
I’m kinda afraid the leather texture will be changed.
But the discorloration bothers me too.

View attachment 4289296 View attachment 4289293 View attachment 4289294 Merry Christmas! Everyone!

I bought this bag February 2018.

Take good care of it. Never left it in the sunlight. I don’t know why the color faded.

I consulted a Chanel SA, she said it’s normal wear. Nothing she can do about it.

What season is this bag from? Also, I can’t tell—is is black or a dark navy? I ask because there have been some collections in the past where the caviar “fades”, like the washed caviar from 16B. Could you show us a picture of the whole bag?

What season is this bag from? Also, I can’t tell—is is black or a dark navy? I ask because there have been some collections in the past where the caviar “fades”, like the washed caviar from 16B. Could you show us a picture of the whole bag?

I bought it in feb 2018 from the boutique. So, I think it’s 18 collection.

It is black. But the leather is very Matt.

Let me see if I have a picture.

:confused1:I find this all rather strange

Leather doesnt just fade colour miraculously, does it? to make something decolour, i think there has to be some sort of chemical reaction which can be caused by sunshine, perfume, liquids.. colours on other clothing.

Also, I am trying to u understand which season ur mini is... i got mjne jn march 2018 and its not matte and the caviar has bigger pebbles, it loons like a classic flap.. was yours a leftover of the 17season?? Just trying to pinpoint it down.. id be surprised if it was available in february if they came out with the newer 18S just a month later... the SA should really help u out.

I agree with many posters on here. Leather just doesn’t fade like that. I bought my black caviar CF in April 2018 and I also store it in my closet and it still looks the same as on the day I got it.
My caviar grains are also bigger, so maybe yours is from 2017? Either way, such an expensive bag shouldn’t just look like this if taken care of. And I would bring it to another boutique or SA while your still within the 1 year date span from date of purchase. Good luck!