Caviar jumbo ??'s

Dec 29, 2012
Does anyone know if current black caviar jumbo w SHW is single flap or double flap? Or does it come both ways? I'm not sure which I'd want more but I might lean more toward single flap.... But not sure if it comes in single flap....Any opinions? Or suggestions?

Thank you for your responses... I haven't seen a double flap in person.. I did read somewhere that the double flaps hold their structure better or don't wrinkle as much where the chain comes through the top of the bag... I'm too scared to purchase a single flap via reseller bc I'm worried about getting ripped off or buying a fake which I don't want... Used ones on eBay cost just about as much as new ones!!

New jumbo's with double flap will hold their structure much better compared to single flaps and are a bit heavier.... Honestly I like double flaps more actually... :smile:

The double flap is not too much heavier. It is so lovely and as has been said above- if your buying brand new there is no more single flap! You will love the double so don't worry! Have fun in Paris but remember classic flaps can be hard to get there!! Very popular!

Off to San Francisco today to the closest Chanel Boutique to do a little research and touch and feel of the different types of leathers and checking out sizing before next month's big trip to Paris!!! Excited..... Finally doing something with the DH.....

After thorough research online it seems I favor single flaps I believe but they don't make those anymore.... Is EBay too scary to buy from? Or is there another online reseller that I should look into? Also for single flap jumbo caviar in black w SHW is the inside lining black? I just not a big fan of red which is y I don't want a new one w double flap.... Or r they always red/burgundy?

After thorough research online it seems I favor single flaps I believe but they don't make those anymore.... Is EBay too scary to buy from? Or is there another online reseller that I should look into? Also for single flap jumbo caviar in black w SHW is the inside lining black? I just not a big fan of red which is y I don't want a new one w double flap.... Or r they always red/burgundy?

Ebay isn't too scary to buy from, but you need to do a lot of homework and ask a lot of questions. If the person is selling an authentic bag they should have no problem in answering anything you throw at them. If however they give you the run around then chances are they are selling a fake. Yoogie and several of those sites do sell genuine bags and that might be a route to go through. The single flap bags are more kept then the double's, they are out there you just have to do a lot of searching to find them. Good luck with your hunt.

The single flap caviar jumbo's have the back interior. You can look into resellers like Yoogi's closet, Fashionphile & Ann's Fabulous finds.

I don't think so... I find it really nice actually scouting ebay for Chanels especially the vintage flaps... you just a need a bit of patience in scouting the right bag you want and at the right price....don't forget to pay attention to the sellers reputation...once you have the bag you like get it authenticated by the wonderful TPF ladies... :biggrin:
As for the flaps... the burgundy lining only comes with the lambskins not caviar... the caviars have black lining, so that should be up your alley ;)