Caviar in rain?

But what about the chain?
I think it's more about the chain than the caviar, don't you think?

I am kind of confused as to what you mean? You're afraid what would happen if the chain got wet? Actually, I was wondering about the leather because other bags do get water spots and I didn't know if caviar was the same way or if the leather was durable enough that it wouldn't happen.

I know this post is rather old but I wanted to comment since it's been a down pour in Los Angeles for the past week. I've been wearing my Medallion and it's gotten wet and all I did was wipe it down once I was inside and it's as good as new. That Caviar leather truly is amazing!

My caviar bags ARE my rain bags! Caviar, well at least the old caviar, is indestructible. I had a caviar tote that tumbled out of my car and onto the pavement and there wasn't a single mark on it.

Yup. Haven't had any problems with water. I also spray my caviar with Apple Guard Water/Stain Repellent Spray too, *just* in case something other than water spills onto it.

Lambskin on the other hand is a different story. Read a horrible story in a thread by a fellow TPF gal that her new lambskin flap was absolutely ruined when it got caught in the rain.

I've been caught in the rain many times with my caviar flap, and it did not affect it at all. I just wiped off the water and it was as good as new. I once even fell down and had my knees scraped badly (the concrete just ripped through my jeans), whilst carrying the caviar bag, but nothing happened to the caviar leather. It's an amazing leather!!!:tup: