Caviar Chevron boy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sorry if this is already covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. I've seen the silver one featured here but does it come in other colors? Is it normal caviar or "easy caviar" like the seasonal flaps?

Thank you in advance!

2. Does anyone have more info on this boy? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465502620.481370.jpg

3. It was described in a Chanel Facebook group as dark silver with black hardware but I'm wondering if it's the same lighter silver in dark lighting.

4. Yes it is

5. Yes it is the lighter silver?

6. Hmm, could this be jacked up lighting? Or is it really dark silver :O My SA showed me this boy at BG but it was light silver with the aged hardware, the caviar was really nice it was the stiff regular caviar like on the classics! Imagine if this had the black hardware, then I need to know who has it ASAP!

7. After some research, I'm thinking it is unfortunately dim lighting on the light silver. It was listed as a dark silver in a Facebook group and it got me excited.

8. How common are caviar chevron boys? I am really liking the chevron look but not been drawn to the chevron jumbo. I know there have been chevron calf and herringbone calf but has chevron caviar been done before? I'm wondering whether to get this silver or to wait for a different color. I think it is a nice neutral but not sure if the metallic sheen will wear well.

9. Aw :sad: I was kind of hoping for that darker color with black hardware! I was really interested in this and my SA said the finish isn't like a metallic sheet finish instead it's like colored leather, so it shouldn't flake or peel, which makes me feel better lol. I personally haven't seen a chevron caviar boy before, and I'm not a fan of the new caviar boys so I might bite the bullet and get this

10. Hmmmm I think it most likely is metallic.... From my point of view the bag is very cool, but will be a diva. I've had a lot of Chanel bags and I believe this one isn't what we've all been waiting for-a metallic color that doesn't rub off 😕 But like I told OP in a different thread, it's gorgeous!!

11. I worry about that you. What does it look like after rub off? Is it just less shiny or does the color itself come off?

12. What are your guys' thoughts on this tote? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465567959.732196.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465567976.001375.jpg