Caviar bag owners, is it really as worry-free as everyone says?

Apr 25, 2006
How long have you had your caviar bags? Are there scratches yet? Do you condition or treat the leather in anyway?

I'm *this* close to getting a medallion tote (I'm taking LV Duomo off my wish list). Just want to make sure the caviar really is tough & will take a beating. What about the leather lining on the inside? Is it just normal leather? Will it get scratched by keys, pens, etc?

Thanks so much for your help.

I love caviar leather! I was swinging my medallion tote like an idiot and somehow lost grip of the handles and it launched into the air and bounced on the concrete. I carefully inspected my tote and not a single scratch! So yes, the leather is extremely durable and low maintenance

i have a black caviar tote and yes its low maintenance, i practically dont have to worry about the bag..its scratch proof and very sturdy

hmmm about the white, i am not too sure about it but anything white tends to need TLC when in use :smile:

I have a black caviar small bag with zipper closure and long chain entwined with leather. The caviar requires no maintenance at all and always looks good. It doesn't show scratches or anything. I love it!

my classic 2.55 is caviar - had it for 2 years - not a problem yet. My cabas is brown caviar and that does have scratches - its inevitable with the type of leather but you know what, it for me is like your fav pair of jeans or your fav leather jacket that is worn just right and it becomes individual and unique and the cabas looks distressed anyway so i think a minor scratch here and there does not deter from its beauty but add to the unique character of the bag and makes it a Chanel.

My white caviar flap is as white as the day I bought it. I love her. Here is a pic of her recently this week. I've had her since March.

Attachments

• chanel portrait 2.jpg
    chanel portrait 2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 86