cats vs. purses?

watertowers

HH Sale Victim
Aug 14, 2006
the last time I owned a cat, I was too little to give a care about purses. a few weeks ago, though, a sweet black cat invited himself into my home and hasn't left since(despite my many efforts...poor baby must have been abandoned!). within a few days of his arrival, his girlfriend also started living with us. so now my bf and I have two mostly outdoor cats, with all claws in tact. they behave so well and are very mature, but I noticed the other night that they were clawing at the door(to get out), and on that door's knob, within inches of their talons, was my HH Suki...oops!

in your experience, do cats ever have much interest in bags, or leather in general? I know a lot of puppies and some dogs like nice, stiff leather shoes to gnaw on, and our black cat loves to knead my merino Twinkle sweater I knitted. I will probably make sure my bags are safe for the most part, but do I need to take extra precaution?

PS feel free to use this as an excuse to post cute cat pictures :upsidedown: here's my naughty boy and my sweet girl

Attachments

• ismosmall.jpg
    ismosmall.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 91
  • biancasmall.jpg
    biancasmall.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 95
Hi there, I have two really feisty cats and they like to claw wood, but don't touch my bags. I'll occasionally leave a bag or my leather jacket on a chair for a few days and they don't pay pay attention.

I can't believe I almost forgot to put how adorable your cats are!! I love kitties who climb into boxes! My darling below does that and its funny because she is..ahem...voluptuous and she rarely fits but she will pack herself in there lol!. Your sleepy kitty also remind be of my tabby...all floppy...

Here's one of the darlings. I bore her...

779833.JPG

I found my cat nesting on my HH Nico once. Apparently when laid out it's the perfect size and shape for her fat ass and she liked the soft leather so much she decided she'd claim it as her new bed. She shot me a dirty look while flying through the air after I swatted her off.

The little girl that's my avatar loves my bags and will sleep on or in them if given the chance but is quite respectful and has never used her claws, although I have friends whose cats have used their bags to sharpen their claws on. BUT, I have another girl who loves the smell and feel of gorgeous leather. The other day I left a MJ bag on the bed and she made it her own by marking it :cursing::cursing::cursing:! UUGGGHHH! She's currently being viewed as potential slippers and the bag is on it's way to be restored. Having learned the hard way,all bags now go immediately into their storage bags and back onto their shelves.

The other day I left a MJ bag on the bed and she made it her own by marking it :cursing::cursing::cursing:!

ew, I didn't know girls marked their territory, too...the other morning I woke up at 4am because the bed was wet(bf was at work, he starts in the early morning) and smelled awful but I knew it wasn't me...turns out Stinky Ismo was making himself a little too comfortable in our dwelling. we took the sheets and mattress cover off and I can't smell it really any more(some still in the air...lol) but I wonder if it got to the mattress!

it's sweet that it sounds like lots of cats like to cuddle with the bags. I'm sure smooshy leather like HH's Nico or my Mercer 3C make quite comfortable beds. especially if you need them right then.

My older cats could care less about my bags, but I do have 3 younger cats that try to chew the leather handles on my bags. The kitty pictured below is only 8 months old & he tries to chew anything & everything in sight!

DSC01476.jpg

my cats love the tassels on my bbags.

actually, they only like my bbags.

Ha! it's just like a cat to have expensive taste...

My cat hasn't been any trouble with my bags. The only one she'll really touch is one I made out of a smooshy soft leather. It's very unstructured, and she likes to lay on it to keep her belly warm. Or if I'm trying to use it.

Well this was my LV Perforatated Pochette after Miss Chloe got to it:

IMG_1639.jpg

See how innocent she looks?

IMG_1653.jpg

And recently I've been hiding her favorite toy in my Speedy:

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

And this is my favorite pic of her ever. LOL.

IMG_2064.jpg

My other cat, doesn't care about purses, she's content with her blanket.