cats not recognizing eachother by sight

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I guess animals really go mostly by scent. My cat Sammy got out the garage door. My other cat, Noche, was in the house. Sammy showed up at the back patio door and Noche howled at him with big tail like he would a stranger.
They don't love eachother but still - he is acting like Sammy is an intruder and a threat....funny.

Oh, please, every time my Himalayan goes to the groomer for a shave the other cat hisses at her upon her return. I just look at them with disbelief and say "Babs meet BooBoo, BooBoo meet Babs" They've only lived together for 14 years :rolleyes:

My cat once stayed overnight at the vet and when he came home, my other cat hissed at him and would freak out! I even tried to snuggle them together while she was sleeping but she sniffed him and freaked. But after a day or so, she was okay! I read in a magazine that you should get a wash cloth or something and rub it on the cat a few times who just returned. Then let the other pet sniff it and then you are supposed to repeat this process another time or two and they should be okay!