Cataloging your closet

Blue_Butterfly

ProtectMeFrMyWants
Aug 15, 2006
I don't know why or how I came up with this, but out of the blue I had this idea to put together a catalog of all my favorite outfits. I'd take pictures on my digital camera and then some how organize in iphoto or one of my folders.

A lot of times I'll wear an outfit and then totally forget about it and if one of the items (blouse/bottom) is in the laundry I won't realize that I could wear it. This way if I have a virtual catalog of all my outfits which could probably help me plan and organize my outfits a lot better.

Has anyone else done this? Am I crazy/obessesed about my clothes!? I think it could be really fun, dont you!:yes:

I've never done it myself, but I have thought about it many times! I do have a look book of outfits I like in magazines, and I only ever tear out looks I can create from my pre-existing closet. It's fun!

I can't imagine doing that but I do have my clothing organized by keeping all like items together like all the shirts together, all the skirts, pants, suits, etc.

Have always wanted to do something like that... But then have never actually gotten around to actually doing it :shame:

I think it's fabulous idea to be so organised though! :yes:

OMG! I just love it here! i can't believe that I've finally found a place where people have the same thoughts as what goes on in my head.

Yes, i've actually took pictures of my favorite outfits to catalog. I even bought a maniquen for this purpose! I have to say, clothing took me too long so I've decided to move on and catalog my clothes and shoes with the model, make, and description with picture. This way, as the item wears out, i'll always have my scrapbook/catalog memories!