Cat tooth extraction

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
My old stroppy tom is having halitosis from hell and he needs to have a few teeth out that are corroded (while his halitosis is annoying, I could deal with it, I just don't want to endanger his health with rotten teeth and have him in pain), he is a fussy eater at the best of times, so I am wondering what I can do to tempt his appetite when he possibly doesn't want to feel like eating, also any tricks in how to rinse his mouth (bought syringes and all that) without me having the scars for the rest of my life and a considerable amount of blood loss, that would also be appreciated...

My old stroppy tom is having halitosis from hell and he needs to have a few teeth out that are corroded (while his halitosis is annoying, I could deal with it, I just don't want to endanger his health with rotten teeth and have him in pain), he is a fussy eater at the best of times, so I am wondering what I can do to tempt his appetite when he possibly doesn't want to feel like eating, also any tricks in how to rinse his mouth (bought syringes and all that) without me having the scars for the rest of my life and a considerable amount of blood loss, that would also be appreciated...
not sure if this is any help but I had a cat I adopted from the neighbor, a cat hoarder. we went away for a vacation and when we got back she told me she had all his teeth pulled. it turned out he had an immune problem. eventually after me taking over his care and having him on predisone for maybe two years, he was euthanized (nine years old). but he was able to eat w/o the teeth. I think esp if you give your cat canned food that won't be a problem. GL

if he is a 'fish kitty' people tuna with the juice. Otherwise I tempt with bits of roast chicken or lunchmeat. I give small portions due to sodium and such but those often work when nothing else will.
I don't recall having to rinse my cats mouths after extractions. They might have been sent home with antibiotics and/or pain meds but it has been so long since any of mine needed dental work (knock on wood) that I don't recall exactly

Reactions: sdkitty
My old Siamese (has long passed from old age) had his teeth extracted. He didn’t suffer at all from it, still ate and acted the same.
He was a tail sucker though. He would sit on his behind like a human and hold his tail with his front paws and suck on it to the point it was always wet and slightly bleached from the saliva acids.