Cat saves boy from dog attack! True story & video

This has been all over the news and papers here (UK) today. Love this story...imagine, she followed that couple home from a park one day, they gave her a home...and years later she saved their little one.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein

That has to be the baddest cat I've ever seen! Thankfully the dog stopped biting the kid and ran away when the cat attacked him back, he sure wasn't expecting that. Good people for taking in this stray kitty!

This has been all over the news and papers here (UK) today. Love this story...imagine, she followed that couple home from a park one day, they gave her a home...and years later she saved their little one.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein

Cats are so smart though, did you notice how the cat stopped and checked that the mother was coming as back up before pursuing the dog? My cat used to do that, attack the fox, but only chase her if I was running behind her...:cool:

That was a scary video. What a brave cat. I wonder what made the dog attack?? Maybe the sounds the child was making, or the sound of the tricycle?? Horrible.

I am actually sorry the dog has to be put down, behind every aggressive & anti social animal there is an irresponsible, crappy, stupid or cruel owner. They should really take the owners to court, I think they do in the uk.

I am actually sorry the dog has to be put down, behind every aggressive & anti social animal there is an irresponsible, crappy, stupid or cruel owner. They should really take the owners to court, I think they do in the uk.
I agree. Why was the dog running loose?

This cat was amazing!

I have a kitty who will run to my rescue if I raise my voice. If DH plays around with me and I cry out, he comes running and vocalizing as if to say "What's wrong Mommy? I'll save you"
So cute

While I am not a dog person I too was not pleased to hear that it would be killed. I vaguely recall hearing on some tv discussion that the dog got out when the neighbor opened the gate to back their car out. No mention was made as to whether the dog had a history of attacking. There was an incident here where a dog attacked a kid. Turned out that the little brats taunted it regularly. Not saying that is what happened this time, but something just seems a bit off about this entire thing.

I'm a huge dog lover, we have 3 large rescue mutts (and many more before them), and have been involved with several dog rescues over the years. After watching the video several times, this dog is particularly vicious with his attack. Of course it was his owners we were very negligent not keeping him contained, but dogs do get out all the time and never attack people. He was not intentionally provoked, and when he went up to the child he not only bit him, but he then dragged him off his bike and shook the boys leg violently. It was hard to watch! Thankfully the cat attacked the dog keeping the boy from getting even more injured. I wouldn't want a dog like that living near me and be in constant fear he would get out again. This dog could attack another child, or kill a small dog easily. What if the dog gets out again? Even if they did him live and allowed someone else to own him, there is a very good chance he would harm another person judging by the video. Not many people are able to rehab dogs who have attacked humans viciously, nor want the legal responsibility.

Something happened a couple Summers ago, and I am very thankful my dogs are not vicious at all! We have a completely fenced in yard with 3' chain link. I let the 3 dogs out to enjoy the weather as I was doing things in the house. I looked outside to check on them from time to time. About 20 minutes later I see a 2 1/2 year old toddler IN our yard with the dogs! He had climbed the fence when his caretaker was not watching him and ended up inside our yard. I don't think I could own a dog who attacked a child, even if they came into my yard.....but that's just me!

I'm watching the parents and child who was attacked on TMZ live right now, and they are NOT going to sue their neighbors! They are friends with the neighbors and know they didn't intend for their dog to attack their child. They said the neighbors willingly gave up their dog to dog control, have been very supportive, and their son is doing fine. The parents added they don't want to drag them into the media because of what their dog did. What kind people they are, and their cat is a hero and very famous now. I'm just very glad the child is OK!

I'm a huge dog lover, we have 3 large rescue mutts (and many more before them), and have been involved with several dog rescues over the years. After watching the video several times, this dog is particularly vicious with his attack. Of course it was his owners we were very negligent not keeping him contained, but dogs do get out all the time and never attack people. He was not intentionally provoked, and when he went up to the child he not only bit him, but he then dragged him off his bike and shook the boys leg violently. It was hard to watch! Thankfully the cat attacked the dog keeping the boy from getting even more injured. I wouldn't want a dog like that living near me and be in constant fear he would get out again. This dog could attack another child, or kill a small dog easily. What if the dog gets out again? Even if they did him live and allowed someone else to own him, there is a very good chance he would harm another person judging by the video. Not many people are able to rehab dogs who have attacked humans viciously, nor want the legal responsibility.

Something happened a couple Summers ago, and I am very thankful my dogs are not vicious at all! We have a completely fenced in yard with 3' chain link. I let the 3 dogs out to enjoy the weather as I was doing things in the house. I looked outside to check on them from time to time. About 20 minutes later I see a 2 1/2 year old toddler IN our yard with the dogs! He had climbed the fence when his caretaker was not watching him and ended up inside our yard. I don't think I could own a dog who attacked a child, even if they came into my yard.....but that's just me!

I'm watching the parents and child who was attacked on TMZ live right now, and they are NOT going to sue their neighbors! They are friends with the neighbors and know they didn't intend for their dog to attack their child. They said the neighbors willingly gave up their dog to dog control, have been very supportive, and their son is doing fine. The parents added they don't want to drag them into the media because of what their dog did. What kind people they are, and their cat is a hero and very famous now. I'm just very glad the child is OK!
you make a good point
It must have been very sad for those people to relinquish their dog

That cat could have easily been killed by the dog. I believe it was a Chow and they are pretty powerful. What a hero (or herioin - I think the cat was a female)!

you make a good point
It must have been very sad for those people to relinquish their dog

That cat could have easily been killed by the dog. I believe it was a Chow and they are pretty powerful. What a hero (or herioin - I think the cat was a female)!

Yes, it must have been sad for the owners, but it was the right and responsible thing to do in this particular case.

Exactly, many cats are killed by larger dogs. I think Tara (female cat :smile:) caught the dog off guard when she attacked him full-force and it scared him away. Tara is definitely a heroine! ;)

This is true, and of course once a dog has attacked a child, can no longer be trusted. I can't help thinking though that somehow upbringing is responsible for aggressive animals. We live near a park and is full of dogs wondering around off leash. It's never occurred to me that I might be attacked as they are always very friendly. I am dog person and we used to have them at home, and can generally read the signs of an unhappy animal that was hurt and is now aggressive. Most animals will attack only if hungry or scared, Or if they were trained to do so.