Cat pheromone diffusers

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Has anyone tried these? Our two-year-old cat is hyperactive, especially at night. My SIL got a pheromone diffuser for her kitten and says she completely notices a difference. She even said that when her kitten is being too rambunctious, she will unplug the diffuser from the wall and put it up to his nose, and he will immediately calm down and go curl up somewhere and sleep. Well, we bought one a couple weeks ago, and I don't see any difference in our cats. And these things are expensive, like $50! The one we got was called Comfort Zone.

http://www.petcomfortzone.com/comfortzone_feliway.php

Anyone else tried this or another brand? Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that it just doesn't work on our cats?

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
I guess I'm the only one who has ever heard of such a thing... bumping to see if I'm wrong!:smile: Anyone??

Oct 21, 2008
I tried the Feliway diffuser without any success.

(I think there's a few threads on pheromone diffusers if you search on Feliway)

sarasmith3269

Oct 9, 2008
I tried the cat version feliway both diffuser and spray....the spray for me seemed to work better than the diffuser. But not enough to really make a difference...my cats are extremely hyperactive at night too, so i feel your pain.

Lyanna Stark

Out of Control
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
I have both Feliway versions and they work for me. Don't use the diffuser in an air-conditioned room, the air-con seem to suck away the product. I'm not sure about radiators as I don't use them.

The spray works better for if you are preventing them from peeing in a specific area or if you are transporting them somewhere, so you spray the carrier to calm them down.