Cat person or dog person?

Sorry to hear of your kitty!

I have Molly, Duster and Akita = dogs
Ashen, Abby, Mamma Kitty and Weego = cats
I never was a dog person, but man, once I started owning them, they grew on me. But my heart will always be more fond of kitties :smile:

I have two female dogs and one male cat and although I love my girls, I do favor my boy as he was my first "real" pet. All female members on my side of the family are considered "cat" people so I guess I am just following the trend. My husband is a dog-person so we have a balanced household.

Sorry about your cat. I have had both dogs and cats and each with their own needs and personalities. I do seem to favor cats. I have a small house, so a big dog just wouldn't be a good fit. I don't really care for small dogs as they tend to be far too energetic and have health and personality problems. Cats on the other hand are great in small places.
My cats have it when I go on vacation. I'm never gone for more than 4 days, but I get the cold shoulder treatment when I get home. They don't like being in the care of Mom or the baby sitter. I also found out this year that they were not entirely happy being in my SO's care. However, this time they did not make a mess. I still got the short shrift, though.