Cat Owners

HEART15

O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
Does your cat playfully bite u?
Mine does and i think he's playing...at least i hope so but it still concerns me. I'm scared to walk around my own house bare legged lol. He's only done it a few times but i hate it and dont think he plans on stopping anytime soon. We'll be playing around...he likes to chase me and then just stop an inch away from me. However, recently he's been wrapping his little paws around my calf and then puts his mouth on me. I usually yelp and then say no, but he continues until i put on pants and then he forgets about it. Any suggestions for me?? HELP!! tia

:roflmfao: My youngest cat, Tinkerbell:love: does this. She usually does this when she wants me to play "hide and go seek" with her. I'll go into one room and my husband will tell me when shes coming. When she gets close to me I will jump out and she runs. We do this several times. LOL.

Now on the other hand. My older cat, Missie:love:. She only bites my leg once in a blue moon.

Okay he does this during hide and seek as well OMG lmao. He never draws blood but i still hate it cause it scares me. There has to be something i can do to let him know its ok to play but no biting

Does your cat playfully bite u?
Mine does and i think he's playing...at least i hope so but it still concerns me. I'm scared to walk around my own house bare legged lol. He's only done it a few times but i hate it and dont think he plans on stopping anytime soon. We'll be playing around...he likes to chase me and then just stop an inch away from me. However, recently he's been wrapping his little paws around my calf and then puts his mouth on me. I usually yelp and then say no, but he continues until i put on pants and then he forgets about it. Any suggestions for me?? HELP!! tia

Your kitty is stalking you! You might want to try either spraying him with a squirt bottle or giving him a flick on the nose.
One of my friend's cats used to stalk her too. Apparently, her perfume drove her cat nuts. I guess it is because some perfumes are made with extracts from animal urine and it just attracted her cat. So her cat would stalk her because she smelled like prey.
I've only been bitten by Piper once, never by Dante. I was petting Piper while I was reading and she bit me when I stopped. I pushed her off my lap and ignored her. She hasn't done it since.

hi there! my cat chloe used to do the same to me and to be hoenst with you, it hurted and sometimes i did bleed.. =( but i hv nobody to blame but myself, shes too spoiled..

but nowadays, i hv learned that she only does that when she wants attention.. and whenever chloe wants to or about to come over to bite me, i would just put my legs up on the sofa and ignore her completely.. I just not look at her or sometimes lock her out of the room as punishment.. shes biting me less, guess shes finally learning her lessons..
i think u can try ignoring ur kitty, i knw its hard to ignore a cute little furball, but at least u are putting ur message across..

i hope this helps, probably not the best idea out there, but it worked on my cat, good luck!

:roflmfao: My youngest cat, Tinkerbell:love: does this. She usually does this when she wants me to play "hide and go seek" with her. I'll go into one room and my husband will tell me when shes coming. When she gets close to me I will jump out and she runs. We do this several times. LOL.

Now on the other hand. My older cat, Missie:love:. She only bites my leg once in a blue moon.

LOL...I thought I was the only one that played hide and seek with my cat!!!! Sometimes I run and hide and he comes and finds me! :lol:
My cat does that too. He hides by the stairs and when I'm walking up in the dark, he grabs my legs and scares the bejesus out of me. :nuts: It's a good thing he doesn't use his claws though!

My cat hides behind my couch and pounces as soon as I walk by. She has given me a few good bites and scratches, but most of the time she just kind of hits me with her paw and runs away, the big scaredy cat!

This is perfectly normal, cats will bite thier owners and other cats, Im sure its just playfull, sometimes my kitty gets nutts and bites to hard..............

Mine does this every day. He has never caused my calf to bleed but I do freak out. If you walk backwards (LOL i know it sounds complex) they don't do it. So ya sometimes i have to walk backwards going up stairs so he doesn't follow me up and pounce on me the whole way up.

my cats nip at me but it's affectionate. one of them will lick my nose and then bite it a little when we're lying down. the other one actually bit me today because he wanted me to pet him. he usually just paws me but if i ignore it he nips me. never hurts or draws blood and i really think they bite me the way they would nip each other...

My first kitty Star used to do that! She would stalk and bite our hands and feet all the time! Our perfect solution: Adopted two younger kitties... It stopped the day they first met!

Mine does this every day. He has never caused my calf to bleed but I do freak out. If you walk backwards (LOL i know it sounds complex) they don't do it. So ya sometimes i have to walk backwards going up stairs so he doesn't follow me up and pounce on me the whole way up.

I do the same thing when I don't feel like being chased down the hall, the walking backwards definitely does work.

LOL!! I do that too as he seems to always get me when I walk from the bathroom to the bedroom on my way to bed at night. He also sometimes attacks my calf when I am stepping into the shower.

Both of my cats playfully bite me. Jude usually grabs my hand with his two front paws and bites me. Gianna just grabs my hand with her mouth and bites me. Both are kittens, so that might be one of the reasons that they do that.