CAT Owners Club - Pics of your babies!!

This is my sweet little girl Kindra that we adopted back in March. The photo below is her a few days post surgery to correct a rare congenital condition (PPDH) where, due to a hole in the diaphragm, her liver and gallbladder had moved into her chest cavity. We're on day 10 of her having to wear the ecollar and confined to a room with no furniture. In 4 days, the cone comes off and then it is just one more week of keeping her activity limited (ie. no jumping, stairs, running, etc.).

View attachment 4881483
so pretty
sounds like quite an ordeal - an expense...glad she's ok

Reactions: sand
This is my sweet little girl Kindra that we adopted back in March. The photo below is her a few days post surgery to correct a rare congenital condition (PPDH) where, due to a hole in the diaphragm, her liver and gallbladder had moved into her chest cavity. We're on day 10 of her having to wear the ecollar and confined to a room with no furniture. In 4 days, the cone comes off and then it is just one more week of keeping her activity limited (ie. no jumping, stairs, running, etc.).

View attachment 4881483
The poor thing. I hope she makes a full recovery. She's so pretty. Hugs to you and your kitty (I know if my cat had to such serious surgery I would be a basket case).

Reactions: sand
The poor thing. I hope she makes a full recovery. She's so pretty. Hugs to you and your kitty (I know if my cat had to such serious surgery I would be a basket case).
I was an absolute basket case the night before... up until an hour before heading to the vet, I considered not going through with it as I was so scared she wouldn't even make it through the surgery. She has been through so much in her first year or two of life and deserves to have a second chance and I didn't want it to end abruptly on a surgical table. Not after all she has been through. In the end, the procedure offered her the best chance for her to have a full life so we went through with it despite the risks. Thankfully, she made it through as well as could be expected; they kept her 2 nights due to severe pain but other than that, no complications. As petite and dainty as she appears, she is one tough kitty. The group I adopted her from actually rescued her from Qatar where she had been dumped on the streets to fend for herself. She was one of 5 cats that were flown all the way to Texas in search of a new home.

All I can say is that I'm so lucky to have her. Despite being dumped by her original owners (or breeder), she is such a sweet and gentle soul that loves being around us.

This is Johnny - my other cat that I adopted back in March 2019 after my old girl passed away. I found him on Petfinder after looking at cats that had been in rescue for an extended period of time. This guy had been in rescue for over 3 1/2 YEARS; he had been dumped as a 6 week old kitten, presumably because he had undeveloped/deformed eyes. While he only sees shadows, he manages just fine and truly is one of the happiest, easy going cats I have ever had. I'm still blown away that he had been overlooked for so long by adopters.

IMG_3691.JPG

I was an absolute basket case the night before... up until an hour before heading to the vet, I considered not going through with it as I was so scared she wouldn't even make it through the surgery. She has been through so much in her first year or two of life and deserves to have a second chance and I didn't want it to end abruptly on a surgical table. Not after all she has been through. In the end, the procedure offered her the best chance for her to have a full life so we went through with it despite the risks. Thankfully, she made it through as well as could be expected; they kept her 2 nights due to severe pain but other than that, no complications. As petite and dainty as she appears, she is one tough kitty. The group I adopted her from actually rescued her from Qatar where she had been dumped on the streets to fend for herself. She was one of 5 cats that were flown all the way to Texas in search of a new home.

All I can say is that I'm so lucky to have her. Despite being dumped by her original owners (or breeder), she is such a sweet and gentle soul that loves being around us.
aww - bless you for saving her twice

Reactions: CanuckBagLover
This is Johnny - my other cat that I adopted back in March 2019 after my old girl passed away. I found him on Petfinder after looking at cats that had been in rescue for an extended period of time. This guy had been in rescue for over 3 1/2 YEARS; he had been dumped as a 6 week old kitten, presumably because he had undeveloped/deformed eyes. While he only sees shadows, he manages just fine and truly is one of the happiest, easy going cats I have ever had. I'm still blown away that he had been overlooked for so long by adopters.

View attachment 4882225
You‘ve reminded me of a friend of mine who when he decided to get himself a couple of cats - went to the local RSPCA shelter and asked for their two oldest, most unwanted cats, and took them home without looking at any others.
Your cats are very lucky to have found a home with you :smile:

View attachment 4882225
aww so sweet :smile:
I was talking to a cat rescue person who said there are people who go out of their way to rescue special needs cats
Fortunately for you, yours has no issues that are a problem. I'm sure he so appreciates having a home with you

Last edited:

What a sweet story - so glad she found you and her forever home!

View attachment 4882225
He's gorgeous! So sad he was shelter for 3 1/2 years. I know alot people afraid of adopting who are older or have been in shelter system for a while and have health issues. You are such a gentle soul for rescuing such beautiful cats.

He's gorgeous! So sad he was shelter for 3 1/2 years. I know alot people afraid of adopting who are older or have been in shelter system for a while and have health issues. You are such a gentle soul for rescuing such beautiful cats.
agree...wish I was as kind as that. but I did take on the vet bills for a cat who had been my neighbor's and had a chronic ammune problem. such a sweet kitty. neighbor was a cat hoarder - 25 cats. she said "there's only so much you can do for a cat like that"......I was thinking what is a cat like that? anyway I took him to the vet many times over a period of maybe a couple of years. He seemed to really love the attention he got from me. after all, how much attention can a kitty get when there are 20 other cats around?

Thank you everyone for your kind words but I am the lucky one to have these guys in my life....while I definitely have a soft side for animals down on their luck, there is something special about all rescue animals. I've adopted several rescues (cats and dogs) over the years and each of them always seemed so grateful for having a second chance/home. This is especially true for Johnny (the kitty that was in rescue for 3 + years) and our recently passed Brittany Spaniel that had been in a very rural shelter for several months. Bailey, the Brittany, seemed to know how lucky he was; we got him from a high kill shelter (they had no internet to showcase the animals the likes of Petfinder) that had only kept him around as he was such a friendly and fun loving dog. It was only by pure luck that the rescue group I volunteered with at the time learned of his plight and asked me to pick him up and get him into foster care. He was my first and only foster (actually, transport) failure. Truly an amazing animal that graced us with his presence for 11 years. He had such a love of life it was incredible; I miss him so very, very much.

Update on Kindra....today was supposed to be the second last day in her e-collar but she managed to wrangle out of it when left alone while I was in meetings. Given she had full access to the incision site without doing any harm, we're going to let her off one day early!

Thank you everyone for your kind words but I am the lucky one to have these guys in my life....while I definitely have a soft side for animals down on their luck, there is something special about all rescue animals. I've adopted several rescues (cats and dogs) over the years and each of them always seemed so grateful for having a second chance/home. This is especially true for Johnny (the kitty that was in rescue for 3 + years) and our recently passed Brittany Spaniel that had been in a very rural shelter for several months. Bailey, the Brittany, seemed to know how lucky he was; we got him from a high kill shelter (they had no internet to showcase the animals the likes of Petfinder) that had only kept him around as he was such a friendly and fun loving dog. It was only by pure luck that the rescue group I volunteered with at the time learned of his plight and asked me to pick him up and get him into foster care. He was my first and only foster (actually, transport) failure. Truly an amazing animal that graced us with his presence for 11 years. He had such a love of life it was incredible; I miss him so very, very much.

Update on Kindra....today was supposed to be the second last day in her e-collar but she managed to wrangle out of it when left alone while I was in meetings. Given she had full access to the incision site without doing any harm, we're going to let her off one day early!
wonderful stories
glad your kitty is doing well
I agree--I think animals know when they've been rescued and appreciate it. Over the years I've gotten kittens from friends litters twice and all my other cats were rescues - either from a shelter or rescued from a hoarding neighbor or one who had obviously been a pet and was abandoned.

Reactions: CanuckBagLover