cat grief

I found his hiding place. He has been under the rabbit hutch, which is empty, up against the house. Near us and warm and safe, but alone with is kitten thoughts. Right now, he's next to me on the couch with a loud purr. This is good.

No Cute said:
I found his hiding place. He has been under the rabbit hutch, which is empty, up against the house. Near us and warm and safe, but alone with is kitten thoughts. Right now, he's next to me on the couch with a loud purr. This is good.

Progress! I'm glad he appears to be recovering, poor little guy. We are going through something similar with our horse whose pasture mate died a week ago. He looks so sad and lonely sometimes, it kills me.

Progress! I'm glad he appears to be recovering, poor little guy. We are going through something similar with our horse whose pasture mate died a week ago. He looks so sad and lonely sometimes, it kills me.

I'm so sorry about your horse. And your grieving horse. :sad:

Kitten looked less shabby today but is still hiding a lot.

And he finally came in...two nights out again. :sad: He's sound asleep on the chair in the corner. His white fur doesn't look quite so grey. Baby steps. And our rabbit was all up in his business when he came in and was eating. She was very excited to see him. It was cute.

That's too funny, I'd think both of the cats would want to chase the bunny around. I hope kitty is coming out of his new hidey holes a bit more now. Poor little guy taking this so hard. :sad:

That's great news! Your poor little guy is coming around, it will take some time but he'll get there.

I'm starting to believe he will. Losing my dog when his buddy died had me in panic mode. I keep reminding myself Kitten was solid and healthy to start whereas as Puppy was seriously ill his entire life when his big buddy died. But the history kind of hits, ya know?

Thank you.