Cat fanciers.

IntlSet said:
Does anyone notice a real difference between boy cats and girl cats?

I grew up with two female cats and now I have a male. He looooves to play with little balls, he's much more hyper-active than my female cats, slightly less affectionate. Loves to pounce and surprise attack. My two female cats were much more mellow and weren't quite so interested in playing with balls or toys.

I'm sorry I keep using the word balls when talking about my male cat. But balls really are his favorite toys, squishy ones that look like mini soccer balls.

Yep, I notice a difference in my two cats. Fat Mike, the male, has the more "in-your-face" attitude :lol: He's constantly playing with toys, tearing something up, wandering around the house meowing, and immediately comes up to new people and introduces himself. El Jefe, the female, is much more shy, doesn't like playing with toys very much, and spends most of her time sleeping.

Last yr, the day that Hurricane Wilma blew in, a Siamese type cat wandered into to our office. Hubby said if she didn't leave by the time he was coming home, he was taking her. Well, he brings in this scrawny, flea ridden kitten. We seached for her owners for a few wks and were really happy when we couldnt find them. Mischa /Smelly Cat is a beloved and adored member of our family. She brings everyone who sees her a lot of joy.

I'm a retired cat fancier(showing them I mean). I had persians and kept three to live out their old age with me. Simon in my avatar; Rikki a brown tabby female, and Sophie a tortoishell. I love all cats- purebred or not and it's great to hear so many got their cat from a shelter.

Bagpuss said:
I'm a retired cat fancier(showing them I mean). I had persians and kept three to live out their old age with me. Simon in my avatar; Rikki a brown tabby female, and Sophie a tortoishell. I love all cats- purebred or not and it's great to hear so many got their cat from a shelter.

I love the cat in your avatar bagpuss!!

We have three cats, one tabby, one calico and one Persian (who thinks she is better than anyone else who lives in the house).
We also have a very tolerant and sweet German Shep!

IntlSet said:
Does anyone notice a real difference between boy cats and girl cats?

I grew up with two female cats and now I have a male. He looooves to play with little balls, he's much more hyper-active than my female cats, slightly less affectionate. Loves to pounce and surprise attack. My two female cats were much more mellow and weren't quite so interested in playing with balls or toys.

I'm sorry I keep using the word balls when talking about my male cat. But balls really are his favorite toys, squishy ones that look like mini soccer balls.

I think it's about personality as well, I fostered two cats and one was shy and retreating, but the other was really demanding of love. He didn't really like to play, but was really affectionate, and very vocal about when he wanted it ! They were both older though, so maybe they've just slowed down.

This is my furbaby she's a snow white ragdoll .
P119087ck2.jpg