Casual Work Wardrobe

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
USA
I'm about to start a new job at a really casual company. In the interviews people were talking to me in flip flops, shorts, and t shirts. The mosted dressed up people I saw were in jeans and polos. I want to look more put together and still fit in.

The other issue is I really like skirts and dresses so I need some ideas on which cuts I can wear so I don't look too dressed up but appropriate. I was planning on buying a few wrap dresses but need some other work appropriate shapes. I think shift dresses would be too much.

I'll be in a "senior" level position so I'll be higher than a lot of people but not a manager.

Last edited:

bubbleloba

In LaLa Land
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
San Francisco
Congrats on your new job!

I work for a non-profit and we don't really have a dress code. Most of the people are in jeans or shorts, and some times I even see people walking around barefoot...

That being said, I love dresses and cute tops and jackets and I still "dress up" for work at times (it makes me feel happier). Knee-length or just above knee-length A-line skirts paired with plain tees and cardigan combo work well for the office setting. I also wear more tailored jeans (denim trousers are good) with a structured jacket. Max & Co., Nanette Lepore, and Rebecca Taylor all came out with some cropped jackets that would be cute on. Printed dresses are great too!

I think you should be able to wear what you like, as long as it looks put together and not overly sloppy.