casual skins vs dressy skins?

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
So far I have or had togo, box, clemence, fjord, evergrain,vl and chevre.
I consider togo, clemence and fjord to be more casual sort of rough and tumble skins and box and chevre to be dressier skins.
How about you?
But where does vl, evergrain and swift fit? more casual? or dressier?
:confused1:

GREAT QUESTION!

OK, for me, dressy = boxcalf, chevre, VL, and of course, the exotics.

Casual= clemence (the ultimate casual skin, in my opinion) swift

In between, I reckon, togo, evergrain and fjord.

Depends on the type of bag, too, and the size.

So, are you on the hunt for a more dressy bag...or just thinking out loud??? LOL!!

^^I've been longing for a Birkin 35 or 32 HAC (surprise) that is super slouchy and casual --but was hoping for something other than clemence. I have two clemence bags so I'd like something a little different and was hoping for a lighter leather. I had it in my head that swift would fit the bill until a friend of mine referred to it as a dressier leather. Now I am not sure that the bag in my head exists!

^^I've been longing for a Birkin 35 or 32 HAC (surprise) that is super slouchy and casual --but was hoping for something other than clemence. I have two clemence bags so I'd like something a little different and was hoping for a lighter leather. I had it in my head that swift would fit the bill until a friend of mine referred to it as a dressier leather. Now I am not sure that the bag in my head exists!

EVERY bag exists, we just need to fine-tune the combo!!

RC - I am exactly the same. I want a 30 birkin (because mine are 35's), but a more casual one...and thought YAY...etoupe swift!! A little softer than what I already have, and white topstich can look more casual....but perhaps not???