Casual bag trim vs garden party

Which bag would you choose?

• Total voters

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
I am in the market for a casual bag in a medium tone neutral (for example gold or a medium tone gris color). I am debating between the new trim which has the benefit of being crossbody but I am concerned about capacity, the length of the strap when I don’t want to wear it cross body and the look of a medium coloured strap across my middle aged body. I am also a bit concerned it doesn’t have a readily available insert to keep me organized because pouch bags can become black holes. But I like the look and the variety it adds to my bag collection. I need something the has as much or more capacity as an Evelyne 29 but I don’t want another Evelyne. The other option is a garden party 36. This is a bag I love and already have plus no distracting midtone strap against my body but it’s handheld which is a drawback. I am driving a lot these days, working from
home - maybe will go back to a casual office one day but I have plenty of unused work bags - and very casual but trying to be a bit more put together but not fussy. Which would you choose?

Reactions: RT1
Going with the trend and suggest you look at the Halzan. I have two and love them. I can carry the same things that I do in my Evelyn 29s. To me it looks like the new Trim is extremely slim and has divided compartments that might make it awkward. But I can't say for sure because I haven't seen one in person. I will say that I love my Garden Party but agree there are times I really need a shoulder strap. Good luck with your decision!

I have the new trim 31. The one without the 2 compartments. It’s lighter than my Evelyne 29 but because it’s so flat it holds a lot less than my Evie. It doesn’t have an exterior pocket for your phone but it’s hard to lose stuff in the trim because it’s so flat. it’s hard to stuff it to the point where u lose track of the contents.

Can you fit the GP straps over your shoulder? that's what I do. A GP holds so much more than the Trim that it's hard to compare. I would go with a bag that holds what you need.
I don't usually use crossbody bags for work personally as it can wrinkle your clothes/cause things to ride up. But it depends how you dress for work.

I have the new trim 31. The one without the 2 compartments. It’s lighter than my Evelyne 29 but because it’s so flat it holds a lot less than my Evie. It doesn’t have an exterior pocket for your phone but it’s hard to lose stuff in the trim because it’s so flat. it’s hard to stuff it to the point where u lose track of the contents.
Good to know there is an option without the divided compartments!