Cassandre Clutch with Tassel

Oct 14, 2008
I am planning on purchasing the Cassandre clutch with chain and tassel. But I am conflicted. I really like the patent leather but I've read stories about patent leather cracking. I think the issue of patent leather cracking is a bit conflicting because some people have had that problem and others have owned bags for years and have never had any problems. I have two patent leather bags and have not had any issues, but then again I haven't had them for long. I don't want to buy a bag that will later have problems. Should I buy the regular leather just to be safe? And if so, should I go for smooth or pebbled? Personally, I'm leaning more towards the smooth leather but if it scratches easily then I'd rather buy pebbled. TIA!

mo.space

O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
pebbled!! It's the best leather, but I can't understand why the patent would crack, I've always preffered patent, as it's so so sturdy!

_lili_

O.G.
May 29, 2007
I love patent leather. I can't imagine it cracking on a clutch. You would have to wear it to death. Patent leather tends to turn sticky after several years (even if not worn) and light color patent can pick up color from contact with coloured clothing. Plain smooth leather will scratch more easily than patent from opening and closing the clutch and the tassel dangling. Pebbled leather seems like an interesting texture (like shiny caviar). If you prefer patent over pebbled then I can't see a reason not to get it. You have to get the one you love.