Cashmere scarf pull and repair

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear all
    So I have my first full on my cashmere scarf, it happens but I want to get it repaired. Ive seen the tutorial but Im to heavy handed to do it without making it a whole lot worse. Im based in London, can anyone recommend anyone to repair the pull or can my local Hermes recommend someone.
    Its only small, hardly noticeable but I know its there and it will drive me crazy
    Thanks

2. If you are not comfy handling the repair on your own than I would bring it to your local Hermes..They will likely send it
    out & it should like fine upon return...

3. My London Hermes store no longer accept scarf repairs or cleaning. It's been stopped few years ago.

Julide likes this.
  4. Do you know if Harrod's has a service to repair a scarf or perhaps a tailor in the London area
    that you can suggest to OP

5. This is an older post from Mai Tai, but it looks like the repair place that she sent her shawl to is still in business. Good luck!
    http://www.maitaispicturebook.com/2011/10/cashmere-shawl-restauration-chantal.html

HoneyLocks likes this.
  6. Thanks all, I did find Mai Tai's post on a good repair place, I think I will wear it for the rest of the winter and send it away for a summer spa holiday

CobaltBlu and c18027 like this.
  7. Nothing of the kind I know of I am afraid. I repaired several shawls myself following the tutorial in the thread Julide posted and don't plan to use any 3rd party repair service. I just let mine be now as you will always get pulls/snags.

Hermes Nuttynut likes this.
  8. Good to have this info on file.. Thanks for sharing

c18027 likes this.