Cartier watch store in New York

PuppyB

Apr 5, 2007
Just wondering where I can buy Authentic with warranty Cariter watch, with the most discount I can get in New York?

I did a bit research, and it looks like Jomashop not too bad, any other suggestion? Thanks.

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
I don't know about discounts, but I believe Saks at 48th and 5th ave. sells Cartier watches, and I know Wempe at 53d and 5th avenue does sell them and does offer some discount. Tourneau (57th and Madison I believe) also sells Cartier watches. They are all authorized retailers who would sell watches with warranties.

PuppyB

Apr 5, 2007
What about Jomashop? Anybody tried buying from them before, mind sharing experience?

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
nj
as far as i'm aware jomashop is not an authorized dealer. i think they call it a grey market dealer? they have authentic watches at discounted prices, but since they are not authorized, it voids the cartier warranty. do a search, this topic has been brought up b4...

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
as far as i'm aware jomashop is not an authorized dealer. i think they call it a grey market dealer? they have authentic watches at discounted prices, but since they are not authorized, it voids the cartier warranty. do a search, this topic has been brought up b4...
Yes, they are grey market !

You could always try going into Cartier and asking for a discount, I know the SA I work with at Toronto Cartier is willing to give at least 10%.

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
This is my understanding as well. If the warranty is important to you, go to an authorized reseller. Try a few and ask if they can discount the price, it never hurts to ask. The other day I was at one of the authorized dealers and one of the first things the salesman told me was that he could come down on the prices, I don't know how much because I was not looking for a Cartier watch.

PuppyB

Apr 5, 2007
Thanks for all replies. That is why I am asking can anybody recommend the good authorized seller that willing to give the most discount? As I am not familar with New York, the detailed store name or even address will be appreciated. Thanks.

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I think most AD will come down on price at this point. I was in Saks on 5th Avenue last February and looking at a Cartier LaDona watch and the SA told me (without me asking) that they'd be able to come down on the price. I am thinking it was 10%. So my thought is if Saks is discounting then they all are.

PuppyB

Apr 5, 2007
Thanks. But anyone recommend a few specifically with name or approx address? (as I said, I have not been to New York yet).

I think most AD will come down on price at this point. I was in Saks on 5th Avenue last February and looking at a Cartier LaDona watch and the SA told me (without me asking) that they'd be able to come down on the price. I am thinking it was 10%. So my thought is if Saks is discounting then they all are.

bagaholic85

Sep 14, 2007
i <3 ny
Try tourneau...but i would say you cant really expect a discount much higher than 10-20%. also, they just raised sales tax in nyc to 8.875%. another factor to consider.

canada's

Oct 1, 2006
i think the standard "discount" is 15% at all authorized dealers. i have never heard of 20%, but who knows considering the economy. not really a discount considering what they pay for the watches, but it helps us nonetheless.

i know my SA at cartier offered 12% off right off the bat, and it honestly sounded like he could work with me, but would have to get it OK-ed by the manager. this was prior to me even mentioning neiman's, tourneau, etc.

genevieveh

Jan 14, 2009
In my experience Wempe at 55th & 5th and Tourneau near Penn Station both recently offered me a 12% discount on a Cartier Tank Francaise women's watch. I tried to get more, but that seemed to be the stopping point. Wempe offers the best service-free battery replacements for life, cleanings, link adjustments, extended warranty & just great client service. If you buy from a grey market dealer like jomashop it's going to be hard to get that kind of service & attention.