Cartier Watch Service: Complaints & Kudos

beth001

Purse Slut
O.G.
Dec 14, 2006
Western NY
I purchased a pre-loved Cartier Medium Tank Francaise from e-youknowwho-bay that I wore on and off for almost two years. When it started acting funky I sent it to Cartier's service center for a rehab. It cost me PLENTY (just under $1K) but when it came back to me it looked brand-new, perfectly clean & polished, as if I had just brought it home from a Cartier boutique.

But, even though it looked great, it ran terribly! It would lose 5-10 minutes every day and stop completely at least 5-6 times a week! I was PISSED. I wrote an extremely polite, yet firm, email to the head of their Dallas Repair Center explaining that I had just spent a significant amount of money and this was inexcusable. They paid for the shipping from NY to TX and back, and performed another complete servicing at no charge. Last time my watch came back with no fancy packaging. This time they tucked up it into a lovely red velvet Cartier pouch. Best of all, it seems to be running properly this time. It had better continue to do so!

radio_shrink

Aug 8, 2011
I purchased a pre-loved Cartier Medium Tank Francaise from e-youknowwho-bay that I wore on and off for almost two years. When it started acting funky I sent it to Cartier's service center for a rehab. It cost me PLENTY (just under $1K) but when it came back to me it looked brand-new, perfectly clean & polished, as if I had just brought it home from a Cartier boutique.

But, even though it looked great, it ran terribly! It would lose 5-10 minutes every day and stop completely at least 5-6 times a week! I was PISSED. I wrote an extremely polite, yet firm, email to the head of their Dallas Repair Center explaining that I had just spent a significant amount of money and this was inexcusable. They paid for the shipping from NY to TX and back, and performed another complete servicing at no charge. Last time my watch came back with no fancy packaging. This time they tucked up it into a lovely red velvet Cartier pouch. Best of all, it seems to be running properly this time. It had better continue to do so!
I believe after they service it, it comes with a 1 year guarantee.