Cartier watch owners: please show us your watches...

Here is my new Tank Francaise. It is the medium size with diamonds. I didn’t think I was going to like it as much as I do. It is gorgeous. I ordered it from the Cartier website. It needs sizing but I don’t live anywhere near a Cartier Boutique. Not sure how many links need to be removed. What do you suggest? Would a local jeweler be able to size it?

View attachment 5688745

congrats its stunning! A local jeweler should be able to resize it.

Reactions: krawford
It’s gorgeous! I acquired one a few years ago in Rose Gold. I was lucky enough to have gotten it new with the box and papers! It’s absolutely gorgeous in yellow gold! Enjoy it in good health!!
My new-to-me Tankissime in 18K yellow gold (small version). I've obsessed over this model for years, but it was discontinued in my mid-teens and I never thought I'd find one, definitely my personal HG timepiece :yahoo:

It’s gorgeous! I acquired one a few years ago in Rose Gold. I was lucky enough to have gotten it new with the box and papers! It’s absolutely gorgeous in yellow gold! Enjoy it in good health!!
Did you post yours with a gold Evelyne on this thread a few years back? I remember you! I found your post when I was searching google for modeling pics of Tankissime owners, I love how few of them are out there :hbeat: Mine came with the full set too + the little Tankissime booklet, which I was super excited about as I've been scouring the internet for as much history on this model as possible and I've never been able to find much beyond the short production time frame. Thank you for the well wishes, you have lovely taste

Reactions: lasartorialista
Did you post yours with a gold Evelyne on this thread a few years back? I remember you! I found your post when I was searching google for modeling pics of Tankissime owners, I love how few of them are out there :hbeat: Mine came with the full set too + the little Tankissime booklet, which I was super excited about as I've been scouring the internet for as much history on this model as possible and I've never been able to find much beyond the short production time frame. Thank you for the well wishes, you have lovely taste
Yes that was me! Years later I’m still in love with mine. I know you will be too!!! Keep posting mod pics!!

Reactions: flwrbmb
It appears that there is a new, slightly different version of the Tank Francaise this year? While I was browsing the Cartier website (I've been eyeing the two tone Tank Francaise for a while), I noticed that they have a new ad campaign for the Tank Francaise and also have these newer, slightly different versions. Has anyone seen them in person? Interested to hear thoughts and opinions about this.

Reactions: hhw and lenica
It appears that there is a new, slightly different version of the Tank Francaise this year? While I was browsing the Cartier website (I've been eyeing the two tone Tank Francaise for a while), I noticed that they have a new ad campaign for the Tank Francaise and also have these newer, slightly different versions. Has anyone seen them in person? Interested to hear thoughts and opinions about this.

I just went to check them out this weekend and I loooooooved the new version! The subtle updates made them look more luxurious and more masculine in my opinion, which I loved. The face is a little bigger and the bracelet is not shiny like the old version. It’s also a lot more weighty. The face was this gorgeous subtle champagne color for the gold and silver for the SS.

I’m in the market for an all gold bracelet watch and this totally stole my heart! I’m planning to get the gold version in medium next year!

I just went to check them out this weekend and I loooooooved the new version! The subtle updates made them look more luxurious and more masculine in my opinion, which I loved. The face is a little bigger and the bracelet is not shiny like the old version. It’s also a lot more weighty. The face was this gorgeous subtle champagne color for the gold and silver for the SS.

I’m in the market for an all gold bracelet watch and this totally stole my heart! I’m planning to get the gold version in medium next year!
Thank you for this information! The gold version tank is dreamy.:girlsigh: I don't live near a Cartier boutique, but will probably visit the authorized jeweler who carries Cartier in my area to check it out sometime. Looks like they only have SS or gold in the new versions and no new two tone yet? I wonder if they will introduce a new two tone or keep the original Tank Francaise two tone model. I was going to get the two tone in either Ballon Bleu or Tank Francaise, but have been so indecisive...

Thank you for this information! The gold version tank is dreamy.:girlsigh: I don't live near a Cartier boutique, but will probably visit the authorized jeweler who carries Cartier in my area to check it out sometime. Looks like they only have SS or gold in the new versions and no new two tone yet? I wonder if they will introduce a new two tone or keep the original Tank Francaise two tone model. I was going to get the two tone in either Ballon Bleu or Tank Francaise, but have been so indecisive...
No worries! Happy to help! The gold version was exactly what I was looking for, minus the quartz movement. I do wish the medium models also come with an automatic movement like the large SS, but I‘ll live.
No two tone in the new version yet, and my SA didn’t know if they were coming out with new TTs or not. So far, the original ones stand. I suspect in time, they will, but it might be more than a few years before that happens.

If your style is more feminine and like round edges on things, you might prefer the BB. I much prefer the whole Tank line, but I’m definitely biased. You should also check out the Pasha! I have it in RG bracelet model, diamond bezel and I adore it.

I agree and if I hadn't of bought a gold Rolex a few months ago, I would definitely be looking at that medium gold tank francaise. Especially the one with diamonds

No worries! Happy to help! The gold version was exactly what I was looking for, minus the quartz movement. I do wish the medium models also come with an automatic movement like the large SS, but I‘ll live.
No two tone in the new version yet, and my SA didn’t know if they were coming out with new TTs or not. So far, the original ones stand. I suspect in time, they will, but it might be more than a few years before that happens.

If your style is more feminine and like round edges on things, you might prefer the BB. I much prefer the whole Tank line, but I’m definitely biased. You should also check out the Pasha! I have it in RG bracelet model, diamond bezel and I adore it.
I have small wrists so always end up choosing small or medium sized models which only seem to come with the quartz movement. I am ok with it, I guess. My overall style leans a little more feminine but I am very drawn to rectangular watches and the Tank was my first love, especially the Tank Louis. However, I adore the whimsy of Ballon Bleu, the curved shape, reminiscent of pocket watches. The oval Baignoire is another favorite shape as well, but I see the Baignoire as more of a dressy watch. I will check out the Pasha -- thanks for the recommendation!

I have small wrists so always end up choosing small or medium sized models which only seem to come with the quartz movement. I am ok with it, I guess. My overall style leans a little more feminine but I am very drawn to rectangular watches and the Tank was my first love, especially the Tank Louis. However, I adore the whimsy of Ballon Bleu, the curved shape, reminiscent of pocket watches. The oval Baignoire is another favorite shape as well, but I see the Baignoire as more of a dressy watch. I will check out the Pasha -- thanks for the recommendation!
Yeah, I learned to live with quartz watches when I bought the mini Panthere in RG a few years ago.
That‘s A toughie, if your style is feminine and love the designs of both the BB and the Tank! My advice is to try all them IRL. Once you put them on, I think you’ll know which one you love more.
I too love the Tank Louis and the Baignoire! I’m not really looking for dress watches with a leather belt ATM, but who knows I might cave and buy either one in a few years.

Go try them on and let us know your decision! GL!

Reactions: Purses & Perfumes
I agree and if I hadn't of bought a gold Rolex a few months ago, I would definitely be looking at that medium gold tank francaise. Especially the one with diamonds
Nice! I too was originally thinking about a gold Rolex ( the Daytona in my case, which one did you get?), but the whole process put me off. The diamond one was beautiful, too. Since my two other gold watches sport diamonds, I‘m only after ones without. I thought about getting the Omega Speedmaster Moonshine Gold with panda dial, but decided against it.

I think those looking at men’s watches would love the new Tank Francaise!

Reactions: krawford