Cartier watch - keep or not???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I can't really make up my mind, if I should keep it or not.

I have bought a preowned Cartier Panthere watch in ss and 18 k gold. It is a mens watch, ca 30 mm.

I didn't want a too feminine watch, thats why I wanted a bigger size.
    I'm 5,7" so I generally can wear big jewlery and watches.

But now I'm starting to think - is this watch too retro, is there too much yellow gold.

I can't make up my mind. Please help me. I know that in the end this is my decition, but I value your opinions.

(I took the modeling picks with my not so very good mobile)

Attached Files:

2. I like it cause it is different!

3. It looks great! A keeper in my opinion.

4. I honestly think it is gorgeous and would definitely wear it myself!

BUT if there's something you would love more, then you should get that instead! Since it's preowned anyway, can you wear it for a little bit and see if it grows on you?

5. hey katie, if you don't like it send it my way, lol!! jk! I think it's definitely a keeper, it's nice! I love Cartier!!

6. I think this size looks great on you. Also the gold in stainless will go with any jewelery you wear. Ofcourse, only keep it if you love it!

7. It is a gorgeous watch..... I love a two-tone watch--they are so versatile. Also, 31mm square case is not a huge look, so you should be able to wear for a long time. The design, though a bit different is still classic. However, if there is another one singing out to you.......

8. It looks great on your wrist. I think you should keep it.:yes:

9. I agree with everyone who posted the panthere looks great on you very versatile! as you can wear white metals, or yellow gold.

10. OMG!!! KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a classic! I have a Panthere, and I love how it looks! Beautiful piece!

11. A 3 strip version also.... that is the best version to have!

I think you are saying it is the MID-SIZE version.... nothing wrong with that!

KEEP IT.

12. It's definitely a keeper---it's a Cartier after all! I like that it's two-toned so it'll match both white and yellow gold jewelry.

13. Thank you all for your opinions. I have thought long and hard, and I have decided to keep it. There isn't any other watch that I really want at the moment.
    I think I will start a watch collection in time
    If I cut back on handbags I will be able to get more watches :smile:

14. I Love the Panthere! I don't think they make them anymore and I believe that it is very sought after! I love the two-tone also, so classic! The size looks great on you, I think you made the right choice to keep it!

15. If you don't love it, return it and get something that you love! It's a pretty watch, but if it's just going to be collecting dust, it'd be best to put the money toward something you are thrilled about.