Cartier vs. Chopard Timepieces

Hi all, I am a new member to this site and came across it because i am about to purchase either the Chopard Happy sport, (in the photo from this thread) or the white gold cartier with the small diamonds along the side (the mid size). I have had my heart set on this cartier for years....until i found this chopard. (I dont love most of them, but thought this square version was so gorg with the double pave diamond row). Help, any suggestions/thoughts?!?! The Chopard would be new and the Cartier woudl be a used purchase (since they stopped making them years ago). I just worry that i am spending a lot of money if I buy the Cartier and it seems like so many people have it in the stainless version. The white gold looks so similiar to the stainless except that it is gold with the detail of the diamond. Do you think it is different enought to justify that kind of investment? You all seem to be the experts here so any advice would be appreciated!!! I like the cartier best in the rose gold, but this is my first major watch investment so I wanted something that I can wear more everday, so the stainless or the whitegold. My husband is about to kill me, I have gone back and forth so many times that now our anniversary has passed and he said he is getting one of the two of them today! Any thoughts!?!

Hmm, have been looking around for Cartier or Chopard and saw the Chopard Happy Sport. Love how the diamonds rotate and swirls. The workmanship of the rotating diamonds and it's bracelet (especially the one that comes with round face) beats Cartier hands down.

I have a chopard happy sport with blue croc strap - I absolutely love it!

I do love cartier too (and would love to own one in the future) but when I was contemplating which watch to buy, i found that cartier watches were sold in lots of jewellery stores whereas Chopard is only sold in very few stores so at the time, imho chopard seemed more exclusive and special to me.

Its true - the spinning diamonds really do make me happy! Its not just a watch, its a piece of jewellery : )

Love your watch, livethelake! I have been wanting one for a long time - after seeing your beauty, 2010 will be the year for a Chopard. Although my Cartier watches are classic, it's time for the floating diamonds on a Chopard!

I vote for Chopard and here is my contribution:

Happy Sport Snowflake:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC04004.JPG
    DSC04004.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,696
I have both watches, a two tone tank Francaise and a stainless steel happy sport on a pink leather strap and I wear the Cartier everyday and tend to wear the Chopard on special occasions; like a dressier type of watch so it won't get too scratch up.

Hi, I just bought the Rose Gold Happy Sport with the Brown Croc Strap. Do you change the bands or do you have to go to a jeweler. I usually change bands for my wife, but I am not sure if the "caps" screw off or if there is just a spring pin holding the band on. With the 18K scratching easily, I don't want to mark it up. Thanks for your reply.