Cartier Trinity Ring vs. Trinity silk cord bracelet

Jul 18, 2007
Hi ladies,

I would like to get something from Cartier before the price increase. I would love to buy a LOVE bracelet but its not in the budget. Which would be a better purchase the Trinity ring or the Trinity silk cord bracelet? TIA :smile:

Great choice! I'm obsessed with the same line as you :graucho:

I think 'better' would be what you think you'd get the most wear out of. Do you wear more bracelets or rings? Do you think that a cord would stand up to your lifestyle? Would you worry about small scratches on the rings?

Personally, I would rather have the ring, as it seems more solid somehow, and it's such a classic. But both are so beautiful.

Great choice! I'm obsessed with the same line as you :graucho:

I think 'better' would be what you think you'd get the most wear out of. Do you wear more bracelets or rings? Do you think that a cord would stand up to your lifestyle? Would you worry about small scratches on the rings?

Personally, I would rather have the ring, as it seems more solid somehow, and it's such a classic. But both are so beautiful.

We are kindred spirits, lol. That's good advice. I do wear rings more often than bracelets. I've wanted the ring for many years and I think I was just tempted by the bracelet because of the price.

I totally agree with Greentea and Andieabroad. Get the ring first.
I have the Trinity cord bracelet and whilst its lovely, I dont tend to reach for it often. I'm always scared of getting the cord wet and it can sometimes be a bit fiddly to put on if I'm in a rush.

I love my cartier trinity rings I have an all white gold ring and I have the 6 band trinity ring. Every time I look at it on my finger it makes me happy even though I had some heat about the 6 band purchase I don't care it's so nice.
Now I really want to grab the ceramic white gold trinity ring.

I love my cartier trinity rings I have an all white gold ring and I have the 6 band trinity ring. Every time I look at it on my finger it makes me happy even though I had some heat about the 6 band purchase I don't care it's so nice.
Now I really want to grab the ceramic white gold trinity ring.
Thanks Greentea, neenabengal and princessugarg!:biggrin: for the encouraging words and advice. The Trinity ring is in the lead and I'm nearly convinced to purchase it this weekend. I knew I could count on my fellow TPF'r to give me good advice.

I totally agree with Greentea and Andieabroad. Get the ring first.
I have the Trinity cord bracelet and whilst its lovely, I dont tend to reach for it often. I'm always scared of getting the cord wet and it can sometimes be a bit fiddly to put on if I'm in a rush.
That's a great idea, and thanks for the heads up on the bracelet it makes good sense!

I would go for the ring too! I have one and haven't taken it off since the day I bought it. The bracelet you can buy another time, but rhe ring is really classic and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

The ring 100%-the cord doesn't have the longevity of the ring (I would think the cord would frey, stain etc etc over time) the trinity ring is a true classic that you can pass down some day

Thanks ladies for the input and of course the enabling :biggrin:
I'm going to Cartier tomorrow to buy............. the Trinity ring!

I agree it's timeless and something I've wanted for a long time. Next up a Cartier SS Tank Solo in a few months. :smile:

Hi ladies! I'm also thinking of getting cartier classic trinity ring as my wedding ring. do you think it is suitable? i'm so in love with the ring. hehehe
You know the trinity is called the russian weddingring in other parts ? Cartier actually adopted that design and made it their own. The three rings are supposed to stand for past, present and future. I love the design, the only thing that's difficult, is to match an engagement ring .

Hello OP!

Did you get it???

I just wanted to say that I have the cord and it is very nice to be layered plus you dont have to worry about longevity, you can always get a replacement at Cartier. I like how fun it is to change the cord color from time to time..

But I do agree with others, I'd get the ring first!

Hi xactreality,
Yes I did get the Trinity ring. Thanks for your feedback. I got it before the price increase. Fortunately the bracelet on the silk cord didn't go up. I'm considering getting it when I get the Cartier Tank Solo SS in a few months. I think the bracelet might be nice to stack with the watch, and I wouldn't worry about it scratching the watch. Do you wear yours with a watch. What color cords do you have? :smile: