Cartier Trinity Ring Sizing Help

Hi girls, I am very excited to share my Cartier Trinity,which I got today! I have a dilemma though, if I got the right size. My normal ring finger sz is 7, given it's not too hot outside. While in the store I tried 71/2 which is 55 and 7 3/4 which is 56. I could not decide which sz to get, so SA kind of talked me into getting bigger sz. She swore it won't fall off. Well, I tried to shake my hand in the store and the ring slid down a little but didn't fall and it could fit my ring fingers on both right and left hands and my middle finger on the left hand. I liked the idea that I could wear it on different fingers, so I went with bigger sz 56. When I got home and put the ring on my ring finger it felt a little loose, and when I shook my hand it fell so easily I was in shock.
Now I need to decide if I need smaller sz and wear it only on ring fingers, or I should keep this and wear it on middle finger in the winter, and ring finger in the summer, if my fingers will swell....

Whoever has this ring, could u please share which sz u picked, and which finger u wear it on:smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382328578.510510.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382328598.617311.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1382328614.013122.jpg

Hi girls, I am very excited to share my Cartier Trinity,which I got today! I have a dilemma though, if I got the right size. My normal ring finger sz is 7, given it's not too hot outside. While in the store I tried 71/2 which is 55 and 7 3/4 which is 56. I could not decide which sz to get, so SA kind of talked me into getting bigger sz. She swore it won't fall off. Well, I tried to shake my hand in the store and the ring slid down a little but didn't fall and it could fit my ring fingers on both right and left hands and my middle finger on the left hand. I liked the idea that I could wear it on different fingers, so I went with bigger sz 56. When I got home and put the ring on my ring finger it felt a little loose, and when I shook my hand it fell so easily I was in shock.
Now I need to decide if I need smaller sz and wear it only on ring fingers, or I should keep this and wear it on middle finger in the winter, and ring finger in the summer, if my fingers will swell....

Whoever has this ring, could u please share which sz u picked, and which finger u wear it on:smile:
View attachment 2372345View attachment 2372346View attachment 2372347

Everytime I have bought a ring I've had to exchange it for a smaller size. Your hands swell when you shop. It's so frustrating especially if you order it or are unsure of your size. If it's sliding around I would exchange for a smaller size.

My Trinity is quite loose. I actually went back to Cartier a week after the purchase thinking I needed one size smaller, but the sales guy there said to stick with the bigger size since it wasn't coming off my finger. But because your ring is falling off, I'd definitely suggest going down one size.

I have an XL Trinity and never had a problem with sizing since my fingers don't usually swell...it's usually recommended to get it one size larger than usual but the one I wear is the same size as my other rings so I guess there's no general rule. Of course it shouldn't fall !

I have an XL Trinity and never had a problem with sizing since my fingers don't usually swell...it's usually recommended to get it one size larger than usual but the one I wear is the same size as my other rings so I guess there's no general rule. Of course it shouldn't fall !

My Trinity is quite loose. I actually went back to Cartier a week after the purchase thinking I needed one size smaller, but the sales guy there said to stick with the bigger size since it wasn't coming off my finger. But because your ring is falling off, I'd definitely suggest going down one size.

If it fell off the finger you want to normally wear it on then it's too big.. I would exchange for the smaller size

Just want to clarify here, so you can help me better:smile: It fell after I vigorously shook my hand. My friend says that she thinks that the ring fits fine. She says any ring will shake off if you shake your hand so hard. I love the fit of the larger size better, butI think I am just being paranoid about losing the ring:shrugs: SA told me to get the bigger size one, cuz also when it fits loose it will scratch less.

I think that's the best decision. You need to compare both sizes.

No matter how hard I shake my hand the Trinity doesn't fly off. Yet it still has a lot of movement and isn't tight at all. When I tried the size smaller, the ring caused some "muffin top" which is how I knew I'd rather just deal with the looser fit. I do get nervous sometimes, but in the one month I've had the ring, it's stayed put. And I assume it will be more secure in the warmer months when my fingers are swollen.

I think that's the best decision. You need to compare both sizes.

No matter how hard I shake my hand the Trinity doesn't fly off. Yet it still has a lot of movement and isn't tight at all. When I tried the size smaller, the ring caused some "muffin top" which is how I knew I'd rather just deal with the looser fit. I do get nervous sometimes, but in the one month I've had the ring, it's stayed put. And I assume it will be more secure in the warmer months when my fingers are swollen.

This is the exact reason why I went with the bigger size. Cuz smaller gave my finger muffin top:biggrin: and looser one fit just perfect. However when I got home it felt kind of loose, I shook my hand HARD and it fell of.

This is the exact reason why I went with the bigger size. Cuz smaller gave my finger muffin top:biggrin: and looser one fit just perfect. However when I got home it felt kind of loose, I shook my hand HARD and it fell of.

I wonder if maybe my knuckle is a little wider than yours and that prevents my ring from coming off.

Just want to clarify here, so you can help me better:smile: It fell after I vigorously shook my hand. My friend says that she thinks that the ring fits fine. She says any ring will shake off if you shake your hand so hard. I love the fit of the larger size better, butI think I am just being paranoid about losing the ring:shrugs: SA told me to get the bigger size one, cuz also when it fits loose it will scratch less.
I have the Trinity and it definitely wouldn't fall even no matter how hard I would shake my hand... You should go and compare it with a smaller size and check which one feels better. Personally, I don't like rings too big as I'm afraid I would lose them.

I have the Trinity and it definitely wouldn't fall even no matter how hard I would shake my hand... You should go and compare it with a smaller size and check which one feels better. Personally, I don't like rings too big as I'm afraid I would lose them.

I am going to the store today. Cuz I can't enjoy the ring. I am afraid to wear it even. I put in on at home and wonder around, like last night I put it on and no matter how hard I shook my hand it stayed put. But when I put it on in the morning it felt loose and I could just shake it off. I also remembered that my friend has the ring, as their wedding bands, and he told me he had the same issue and in the end he had to re-size the ring to make it smaller. :hrmm: