Cartier Tank Solo vs Tank Louis Cartier

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    These two watches look really similar but the price of the Solo - black strap (about USD3500) is almost half of the Louis - brown strap (USD 7000). I think it has to do with the gold plating/solid gold difference? I have seen both in real life and the Louis is very slightly smaller than the Solo (for the smallest version) but feels more substantial/heavier. The Solo also has a steel back whereas the Louis has a gold one.

Personally, I prefer the Louis as it is slightly smaller and does look nice despite the minor difference but given the large price difference, I would really welcome any opinions. In terms of value/investment, I would really like somthing that I can potentially sell off in future.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Tank Louis looks more feminine. . .Tank Solo looks more unisex. At first I liked the Tank Solo but looking more at the Louis, I think I prefer the Louis!

3. i prefer the Tank Solo... it's more versatile ;)

4. I also prefer the tank solo. But I have no idea what happens to the gold plating. Does it wear out?

5. #5 Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Just like kohl_mascara, at first glance I was drawn to Tank Solo but the more I looked at it I started to like Tank Louis better.:smile:

6. Hi, I had the same problem as you do last month...I chose the Louis..it is a life time investment watch and chose for the solid gold/original design, plus I think it's more timeless (not that there's that much difference in design). :heart:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice