Cartier Tank Medium, or Large?

s.tighe

Apr 11, 2015
Hi, I've never visited this forum before, but hoping for some feedback from Tank owners, if anyone would be willing to give their experiences/opinions. Thanks so much in advance.

I haven't worn a watch in over 10 years but would like to start again, and I'm certain I want the classic s/s Tank Francaise. Just can't decide between the mid-size or the (now discontinued) automatic large size. Either watch would be purchased pre-owned, and I have time to peruse the market, I"m not in a particular hurry.

My wrist is a very average 6.25 inches/15.88cm.

I bought a pre-owned, excellent mid-size and received it yesterday (can return if it's not the way to go). It is drop dead gorgeous, as styling and condition go, but it seems more petite than I thought it would be against the now longstanding trend of larger watches on women, whereas the large seems large enough to bump up against that trend without the risk of ever looking dated like it's *too* big if the trend swings back the other way. I'm not terribly particular between the automatic movement and the quartz, though feedback on that factor wouldn't hurt. Another factor... my vision ain't what it used to be and I can barely see the date on the mid-size (though that's not deterrent enough to make me say it's not the one!)

Has anyone owned / tried / considered both? what did you decide, and why? Any feedback would be very greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I'm currently deciding between the large SS TF vs tank Anglaise. Tried the medium TF in the store too. I didn't like the ivory toned dial on the medium, and much prefer the silver sunray effect dial on the large. My wrist is 5.75" and here's shots of the medium vs the large on. I think with your wrist size you could easily pull off the large, and I also think the large is prettier :smile: If I decide on the TF over the TA, it will definitely be the large.

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

Reactions: uhpharm01
Thank you so much for your help @Mbstmartin! Both watches look fantastic on you... your wrist is so slender you can really pull off either one beautifully. I sent back the medium because the date feature on it actually was a distraction to me... unlike the Rolex that has the magnifying bubble to see the date, I found that the date feature on the medium TF was useless for me because it was so small and I couldn't read it without a lot of trouble. If I can't use the date feature practically, I decided I like the clean, simple face of the medium/no date better. So I'm leaning more toward the medium, no date, though I've yet to try on the large. To be honest, I think I'd be equally satisfied with either one! Cheers :smile:

Reactions: uhpharm01
Medium. Tank Francaise was designed for a classic style but not 'rock and roll' vibe. Large size might lack kind of 'feminine vibe' in a way. I got a small size and it matches both the casual and dressy looks. I would like to recommend small or medium size.