Cartier Tank Francaise - Small or Midsize?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just curious what you ladies think about the size. Small or midsize for the Cartier Tank Francaise? Which is the more popular, standard size? I tend to go for classic timeless looks.

I am 5'8" with 6 inch wrists. My husband bought me the small, which I absolutely love, but I also noticed a few posts of TPF members loving their midsized version.

P.S. I'm not worried about offending my husband if I had to exchange it. This is a watch I intend to wear for a long time, so I want to make sure I have the right size.

2. I have the midsize and think it is just perfect! I'm 5'2" with wrists just a smidge smaller than yours. I still think it looks classic and enjoy wearing it a lot. Congrats on your new watch - it's a classic no matter what size.

3. It depends on what look you prefer. I have the small which is very classic and wish I had gotten the bigger one because I like big watches.

4. i like midsize... this is coming from a petit girl. why dont u go into cartier to try the midsz and see which one looks better?

5. I guess the most important thing to me is staying power. I want to be able to wear the watch for 20 yrs (assuming I don't lose it).

Yes, I will probably trek up to the Cartier store, just horribly lazy...I try to avoid midtown as much as possible.lol.

6. I prefer the midsize. I am also tall (5'10) with 6.5 wrist and own the midsize. I LOVE it, wear it everyday, and think it will last forever as a classic. It is not oversized at all.

Attached Files:

7. oops, it should read 6 in wrist, .... ring size is 6.5:biggrin:

8. #9 Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    The midsize definitely looks fantastic on you! Do you think the midsize works for dressier occasions, too, or mainly just daytime? Since this will be my everything watch, I just want to make sure I can wear it everyday as well as to weddings, etc.

9. BUYAUTHENTIC likes this.
  10. Thanks so much for the input. I'll plan on making a trip up to store tomorrow to (hopefully) make a final decision.

11. I have a large wrist, just under 7 inches, and I greatly prefer the small size on me. Big watches make my big wrist look bigger. I think smalls are perfect.

12. Hmmm...decisions, decisions. I'm hoping there will be a more clearcut answer once I try both on to compare.

13. I have the same size wrist as you - I prefer the smaller one.

14. So, after trying the Midsize on at the Cartier store yesterday, I decided to stick with the Small, but I'm glad I tried them both on for comparison. The midsize looked fun and sporty, but I couldn't see myself wearing it to more formal occasions (The salesperson also highly recommended the Small over the Midsize for me).

Thanks for all the input though...much appreciated.