Cartier Tank Francaise: Midsize vs. Small

intlgirl

Oct 23, 2008
Hi Everyone -

Has anyone with a Cartier tank francaise debated over the midsize versus the small size? I have a midsize Cartier already and I wear it everyday as a casual watch. I want to get the tank francaise for more formal occasions and more feminine outfits. Would the midsize defeat this purpose? I know the real answer is going to a store and trying them both on but any input appreciated. Thx!

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
I have the midsize. I think midsize is better as a forever classic watch because as you get older, your eyesight goes downhill and who wants to be squinting to see the time.

Plus I think its such a feminine and sleek watch that you dont need it in a small. It would be quite redundant.

Claricia

A Gemstone Girl
Nov 13, 2009
Well, for formal occasions I would say small. I think of formal occasions as events when one shouldn't be concerned about time as all, so a small watch is almost like a bracelet.

Hi Everyone -

Has anyone with a Cartier tank francaise debated over the midsize versus the small size? I have a midsize Cartier already and I wear it everyday as a casual watch. I want to get the tank francaise for more formal occasions and more feminine outfits. Would the midsize defeat this purpose? I know the real answer is going to a store and trying them both on but any input appreciated. Thx!

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
I have the Tank F two-tone small - I am a petite person and find that the midsize looks more casual on me. I didn't want the tank to be my casual watch, I have a tag aquaracer for that, so I bought the small tank as it looked dressier on me than the midsize.

intlgirl

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks all!

For everyday use, the Pasha C is great for me already.

I figured the small tank would be a bit dressier, but am worried that it would look too small on me. My arms are "regular sized" if that makes any sense lol, but I'm not as tiny as Audrey Hepburn either.

I wonder if Michelle *****'s official whitehouse photo is small or midsized?

Anyway, will visit a boutique soon.

Thanks!