Cartier small love bracelet (paved) or diamond tennis bracelet

raineychico

Nov 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am torn between two pieces of jewelry. My husband offered me either a small pave love bracelet or a diamond tennis bracelet to celebrate the birth of our child (I know that push presents are controversial, but he wants to do something to mark such a life-changing event, and I appreciate that).

I am looking at the yellow gold small pave love bracelet or a 10-12 carat tennis bracelet.

I have a classic white gold love bracelet (size 17, plain), a Tiffany’s 3.5-carat round solitaire, and a 1.8-carat eternity band for my wedding rings. I don’t own anything other than white gold and platinum and only wear jewelry on my left hand because I prefer my dominant hand not to have any jewelry on it. I’m a little unsure how a YG pave would look with everything else being WG, but the WG small pave doesn’t catch my eye the way the YG one does.

I have always been drawn to the love bracelets, but my husband argues that you’re paying so much for the Cartier name and that he prefers a tennis bracelet since he views it as a more classic, timeless piece. I want something that I can enjoy and wear every day. He also suggested a Rolex as an alternative, but I've never owned a watch or had any real interest in wearing one.

Which one would you pick? Thank you in advance :smile:
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 3.59.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-13 at 4.00.35 PM.png

it. I’m a little unsure how a YG pave would look with everything else being WG
you have a very sweet and generous DH!

if you have always been drawn to cartier love, one cannot argue with that.
A compromise might be a regular sized WG love with diamonds?

Perhaps try on a similar YG diamond bracelet to see if you are even interested in the possibility of mixing metals.

I will say that it doesn’t sound like you are enthusiastic about the tennis bracelet.

I would simply keep looking and only buy what you adore.

Last edited:
you have a very sweet and generous DH!

if you have always been drawn to cartier love, one cannot argue with that.
A compromise might be a regular sized WG love with diamonds?

Perhaps try on a similar YG diamond bracelet to see if you are even interested in the possibility of mixing metals.

I will say that it doesn’t sound like you are enthusiastic about the tennis bracelet.

I would simply keep looking and only buy what you adore.
Agreed—if the gift is for your own enjoyment, you’d better ask for exactly what you want.

You could also try on both to see what you’d like best as well, but in the end, go with what makes you happiest!

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby!

I'd probably say the 1st thing is to try them both on with your daily pieces and take photos. You may surprise yourself moment you're wearing them. :biggrin:
My husband also is planning to give me a gift this year (not for a baby though haha) and when he suggested VCA 10 motif, it was something I never considered. (mainly looking at Cartier and VCA) And I felt pretty set on certain things. Regardless, we went to the stores so I could try things on and I was very pleasantly surprised by the VCA 10 motif. It was very beautiful. Granted, I don't think that's the item he'll be getting me, but it was a positive experience!:tup:

Something else to consider is comfort and size changes of your wrist pre-, during, and post-pregnancy. Since you already have a LOVE bracelet, I'm going to assume that your wrist size hasn't changed much. But it something I hear people on TPF talk about and then finding out that the bracelet(s) no longer fits them or feels comfortable on them. A tennis bracelet is flexible and may have some more wiggle room.

I do agree that Cartier is a statement piece (it's something not too many people have and it is absolutely gorgeous), but for the carat size of your tennis bracelet, I find that it is also a very strong contender.

I agree with your husband that you are paying more for the Cartier name and I would probably go for a tennis bracelet or a rolex. (Not that I particularly love Rolexes, I do like watches, but a Rolex isn't really my style, I'd just go for it because it holds its value so well.)

But if the tennis bracelet does not make your heart sing, then you know in your heart of hearts which one is for you! :biggrin:Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I am torn between two pieces of jewelry. My husband offered me either a small pave love bracelet or a diamond tennis bracelet to celebrate the birth of our child (I know that push presents are controversial, but he wants to do something to mark such a life-changing event, and I appreciate that).

I am looking at the yellow gold small pave love bracelet or a 10-12 carat tennis bracelet.

I have a classic white gold love bracelet (size 17, plain), a Tiffany’s 3.5-carat round solitaire, and a 1.8-carat eternity band for my wedding rings. I don’t own anything other than white gold and platinum and only wear jewelry on my left hand because I prefer my dominant hand not to have any jewelry on it. I’m a little unsure how a YG pave would look with everything else being WG, but the WG small pave doesn’t catch my eye the way the YG one does.

I have always been drawn to the love bracelets, but my husband argues that you’re paying so much for the Cartier name and that he prefers a tennis bracelet since he views it as a more classic, timeless piece. I want something that I can enjoy and wear every day. He also suggested a Rolex as an alternative, but I've never owned a watch or had any real interest in wearing one.

Which one would you pick? Thank you in advance :smile:
View attachment 5652209View attachment 5652210
Tennis bracelet! Let us know what you decide.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new baby!

I'd probably say the 1st thing is to try them both on with your daily pieces and take photos. You may surprise yourself moment you're wearing them. :biggrin:
My husband also is planning to give me a gift this year (not for a baby though haha) and when he suggested VCA 10 motif, it was something I never considered. (mainly looking at Cartier and VCA) And I felt pretty set on certain things. Regardless, we went to the stores so I could try things on and I was very pleasantly surprised by the VCA 10 motif. It was very beautiful. Granted, I don't think that's the item he'll be getting me, but it was a positive experience!:tup:

Something else to consider is comfort and size changes of your wrist pre-, during, and post-pregnancy. Since you already have a LOVE bracelet, I'm going to assume that your wrist size hasn't changed much. But it something I hear people on TPF talk about and then finding out that the bracelet(s) no longer fits them or feels comfortable on them. A tennis bracelet is flexible and may have some more wiggle room.
Thank you so much!! We're very excited, but also really nervous!

I will try to see if we can go take a look in person, but we live in Colorado, and unfortunately, there isn't a Cartier store here. It would be so nice to be able to see things up close though.

That's a good point about the sizing, I didn't even think of that!! I took off my love bracelet over the summer for a trip and never put it back on... I have noticed swelling and weight gain, so that's something to factor in. I'm really hoping I will get back to my usual size post-baby.

Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate them all and it's given me a lot to think about :smile:

Reactions: lill_canele
I have 2 Love bracelets, but I think in this case, I'd go for the tennis bracelet. I love that it's WG and will match your e-ring/wedding band, and it's just exquisite. You are paying for the Cartier name unfortunately, so I would go for something a bit more substantial with the tennis bracelet. The diamonds are bigger and most likely better quality.

I'm an absolute lover of the pave Love bracelets so I vote pave Love. The white version is spectacular (its currently on my list) but definitely go with the version you like best. Its a bracelet which can be worn in all activities. Looking forward to hearing your choice.