Cartier screws coming undone

mlitmo

O.G.
Jan 9, 2009
Hey guys! I’ve had my yellow gold cartier love bracelet since 2010 and have only taken it off twice. Over the last year or so the screws have started to come undone on their own. They are tightened as much as they can be and within a few days come apart. Pre covid I sent it in to Cartier and they replaced the screws and sent it back a few later but this is still happening. Has anyone experienced this??? Any recommendations? I kickbox with my bracelet on and honestly started noticing this once I added my Just un clou to the stack so wondering if that’s the issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 97
Hey guys! I’ve had my yellow gold cartier love bracelet since 2010 and have only taken it off twice. Over the last year or so the screws have started to come undone on their own. They are tightened as much as they can be and within a few days come apart. Pre covid I sent it in to Cartier and they replaced the screws and sent it back a few later but this is still happening. Has anyone experienced this??? Any recommendations? I kickbox with my bracelet on and honestly started noticing this once I added my Just un clou to the stack so wondering if that’s the issue.
[/QUOTE

The vibration of multiple bracelets worsens the issue of the screws loosening. I wear three loves and have Loctite on all of the screws with no issues. Using a larger screwdriver also helps so you can get the screws a little tighter. As another poster mentioned, with Loctite the screws are a little more difficult to remove, but with the larger screwdriver it's no problem.

I used loctite (blue or purple I think) due to the vibration and movement from stacking. Personally, it offers me peace of mind from worrying that one of my bracelets are gone. You can always dab qtip with alcohol or nail polish remover to remove. Loctite is an acrylic base. hth!

Reactions: avcbob and mlitmo
The vibration of multiple bracelets worsens the issue of the screws loosening. I wear three loves and have Loctite on all of the screws with no issues. Using a larger screwdriver also helps so you can get the screws a little tighter. As another poster mentioned, with Loctite the screws are a little more difficult to remove, but with the larger screwdriver it's no problem.

Reactions: Chaton and mlitmo
I got mine through Amazon it comes in a very small squeeze tube - Double check, but I think you need the purple which is the lightest grip. Look into a larger jewelers screwdriver too. I use a toothpick and just wet the threads with a very little bit, then tighten. Try not to get it wet for an hour or so after you apply.

Reactions: CocoHunny
Yep! The JUC will create more vibration when knocking against the Loves and will loosen the screws if you wear the nail head against them. I have two loves and a JUC. When I wear only the loves, my screws do not loosen. If I wear all three together, they always need tightening.