Cartier Roadster leather straps

Does anyone know if Cartier makes a navy blue croc leather strap for the Roadster? I am looking for a different look... and cheaper to get a new strap than a new watch for now... :idea: Suggestions are welcome if you have a different color strap on your roadster... please post your pix...

I've developed quite an addiction towards changing up my straps. So far, I've got white and orange in polished calf, brown and cherry in the croc-print leathr and my fave is a sort of denim-blue alligator print. Supposedly, Cartier has a few standard color available in the shop but you can special-order from their catalog which has literally 100's of options! They take up to 12 weeks to arrive, but I love having a strap color that I don't see on anyone else's wrist!

I have the Cartier Roadster with pink face. It is just on the regular stainless bracelet. Am I able to put leather straps on this? If so, is it easy to switch? I'm not very good with stuff like that!

Yes, the straps are very easy to switch out. I think a black satin strap and deployant buckle is actually included in the box, with the watch.

It takes a bit of practice to actually thread the ends of the leather strap through the buckle, but you'll get the hang of it pretty easily.

I would only buy straps from an authorized dealer, though. The straps have a special bit on the end that make it easy to snap into the watch itself. A regular watch strap won't work.

I don't know what to tell you about that. I got mine in 2007 and it came with the additional strap. I doubt BB&B would do much for you if it's been more than a year. It might be something Cartier started rather recently. FWIW, the satin straps are pretty easy to pick up on eBay. Or, as I said before, go to Cartier and choose something unique out of their catalog.

Good luck!

The Roadster is super-easy to change out the straps. You simply turn the watch over and press down on the little lever between the lugs on the straps. That should release the strap from the body of the watch. Replace the strap on the deployant buckle (this is the difficult part!) and replace the strap by sliding it into the grooves on each side of the watch.

If you are still having trouble, take it into a Cartier store or someplace that sells them. They should be happy to help you out!

Wow - just found this old thread that I posted in last April. I must have complained to BB&B last April. It took 6 months but I got the extra strap yesterday. It is pretty but I still like the look of the bracelet.

My wife loves her Cartier Roadster and is constantly changing the watch straps on it. I am surprised no other maker offers such an easy design to change the watch strap? I did found them to be quite expensive but found a great website from a company called Westminster Watch Company of New Bond Street London. The stock changes but they are available at a decent discount. www.westminsterwatchcompany.com