Cartier Roadster Face Color

ReRe

ReRe
O.G.
Apr 16, 2006
Hi ladies, I've recently taken a liking to the Cartier Roadster with the pink face, but I'm trying to decide if its something I'll get tired of and wish I'd been more conservative with the white. Any thoughts? My only other concern with the watch is that I keep hearing it scratches easily.

yes it does scratch a little easily from what I've seen in mine....I was going to buy pink but then decided to go for the traditional one..I think it depends on your wardrobe...I didn't like the way pink looked with most of the stuff I wear...also If you like "basics" white is better than pink....personally I'd go with white...

I have the pink and wish I bought the white. I like it but feel the white works better with my clothing. But it is nice to have something a little different from everyone else.

Thanks the input helps....there is just something about the pink, but I'll have to go in and try it on to be sure of the size and face color,

My two pennies...

Save cute colors for cute watches. That Cartier is a pretty significant timepiece, IMO. Therefore, my suggestion is the white as it will remain classic, and elegant forever.

If you want a pink watch, buy something less expensive that, should you grow out of it, you will not mind so much!

Good luck!:biggrin:

My two pennies...

Save cute colors for cute watches. That Cartier is a pretty significant timepiece, IMO. Therefore, my suggestion is the white as it will remain classic, and elegant forever.

If you want a pink watch, buy something less expensive that, should you grow out of it, you will not mind so much!

Good luck!:biggrin:

ITA I think White is more classic and because this is an expensive watch I would go for more classic unless you absolutely love pink.

I have pink face and I totally agree with wired1. It is my only jewelry choice regret. I do like it but I think I would have been better off with white.
Wired1, if you are reading this, since we're discussing jewelry colors, do you have a preferred color on the Cartier Love bracelets? I don't know if I should be asking here - is this called "hijacking" a thread? Kind of related though, the roadster is Cartier and we're talking about color selections!

Hokaplan, don't worry about highjacking the thread, its a good question, I guess I'd lean toward the pink gold love bracelet...which is probably the same issue as the pink Roadster.

Hi ladies, I've recently taken a liking to the Cartier Roadster with the pink face, but I'm trying to decide if its something I'll get tired of and wish I'd been more conservative with the white. Any thoughts? My only other concern with the watch is that I keep hearing it scratches easily.

Definitely go with the classic first. My rule with all accessories is get something timeless first, so you have something that will last forever. THEN you can get fun things ! ;)

Hokaplan, the LOVE bracelets are, IMO, different than a watch.

So long as gold is white, yellow, or rose, it is timeless. These 3 colors of gold have been standards for years, and I do not believe it will change.

Certainly, yellow and rose are coming back strong after years of white being the "color" of choice.

Nonetheless, with gold bracelets and jewelry, my opinion is that the if the color suits your skin tone, it will always work for you, despite trends.

Hope that helps. :smile:

*EDIT* In thinking about it, I felt the need to add something... If you own 12 Cartier, 9 Rolex, 2 Patek, etc... then adding a pink Cartier to the "herd" is fine!! However, if like most of us, it is your ONLY high end watch, or one of a handful, then I stand by my original point. Hope THAT makes sense :smile:

Last edited: