Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

I recall a decrease after an increase, but I don’t think it was tied to a financial crisis. It may have been 6 years ago? Price went to like 6900 and then back down to 6300. It was short lived.

Pretty rare that a luxury item from a french brand is cheaper in Canada than in France! I wonder what else is cheaper in Canada..
I’m from Canada and nothing is cheaper here than in Europe. With the tax refund, European luxe brands are around 30% cheaper than in Canada (I.e. Gucci, Valentino etc). As for Cartier, I compared the small JUC bracelet with diamonds, and it’s only 5% cheaper in France than in Canada with the current higher EUR exchange rate.

Just curious, how much is the regular love bracelet in Canada?
So the love bracelet 18k gold is 8650 CAD$ (with taxes:9082 CAD$ in Alberta and 9955CAD$ in Quebec - other provinces are somewhere between those two amounts but closer to Quebec).
Cartier France is 7450 euros but if you detax can be 10% cheaper. But then you have to declare in your own country not sure where you’re from.
Cartier USA has it for 6900 usd (taxes 7512 in NY I believe but no taxes in some states!!!)

As of today, if they were all in USD and I choose Quebec taxes because this is where I’m from and the most expensive one in Canada:
Canada:7421 USD
France: 8062 USD (7255 USD assuming you get 10% back from VAT)
USA: 6900 USD + whatever your sales tax is

Reactions: playingwithbags
So the love bracelet 18k gold is 8650 CAD$ (with taxes: CAD$ in Alberta and CAD$ in Quebec - other provinces are somewhere between those two amounts but closer to Quebec).
Cartier France is 7450 euros but if you detax can be 10% cheaper. But then you have to declare in your own country not sure where you’re from.
Cartier USA has it for 6900 usd (taxes 7512 in NY I believe but no taxes in some states!!!)

As of today, if they were all in USD and I choose Quebec taxes because this is where I’m from and the most expensive one in Canada:
Canada:
France: 8062 USD (7255 USD assuming you get 10% back from VAT)
USA: 6900 USD + whatever your sales tax is

The Canadian site shows the regular love bracelet priced at $8,650 as of today.

The Canadian site shows the regular love bracelet priced at $8,650 as of today.
Yea realized too late!! Fixed it :smile:
I’m from Canada and nothing is cheaper here than in Europe. With the tax refund, European luxe brands are around 30% cheaper than in Canada (I.e. Gucci, Valentino etc). As for Cartier, I compared the small JUC bracelet with diamonds, and it’s only 5% cheaper in France than in Canada with the current higher EUR exchange rate.
I agree, usually everything is cheaper in Europe than here. Cartier just did their price adjustment at a moment when the euro was low. I’d be surprised if we don’t go back to Cartier Europe being (way) cheaper at the next hike.

Reactions: kmm88