Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

I got nervous bc I’m planning on getting the yellow JUC w diamonds and my SA didn’t mention the price increase. I think it must be a typo because the other sizes are coming up $12.5k in the US website.
Me too! I thought they only increased prices once a year, would be brave to do another increase in the midst of this economy.

Hi All, just checking if everyone know that the Cartier Japan has already adjusted their prices today, or whether their current price in Cartier JP site is pre-increase or already post-increase? Many thanks!

Hi All, just checking if everyone know that the Cartier Japan has already adjusted their prices today, or whether their current price in Cartier JP site is pre-increase or already post-increase? Many thanks!
They adjusted the price in July, so the current price is post increase already. Due to the low exchange rate, it is almost 20% less than the price in HK.

Reactions: BabyBenV
Not surprised… I was just in Japan two weeks ago. Big price difference from the U.S. I bought a small JUC and it was about 2700 USD with the 10% vat discount for foreigners worked into the price and a weak yen as compared to 3400 USD here in Florida plus 7% additional sales tax. Big difference. At least a 900 dollar savings for the small JUC when all is said and done.

I also bought a Cartier blanket for 995 USD in Japan versus 1500 here in the US plus 7 percent sales tax. Again, big difference at least saved 600 USD.

Just to make it clear: They spoke about a POSSIBLE increase as I wrote above. Nothing given as for yet. They also confirmed the increase was in the single mid digits in the last 6 months what we obviously observed and discussed here.