Cartier price increase thread *please include your location*

Okay, I think I need advice. I live in Seoul, will be traveling internationally in June (the US, Mexico, possibly Singapore/China). I want to buy a rose gold Love.

Last I checked, the prices right now are almost the same between the US and Korea. I wanted to buy my Love in the US just because service there is generally better, but should I buy it now in Korea in anticipation of a price increase that might affect the US too?

Ten percent is enough to make me think twice. Thanks!
What do you mean by "service", just like attention to you while you shop/buy? Or is there a warranty or after-sales service policy difference too? If the price is about the same, I don't see why you have to go to the US to buy. Hopefully in Korea the prices won't rise! :smile:

Reactions: tulipfield
Okay, I think I need advice. I live in Seoul, will be traveling internationally in June (the US, Mexico, possibly Singapore/China). I want to buy a rose gold Love.

Last I checked, the prices right now are almost the same between the US and Korea. I wanted to buy my Love in the US just because service there is generally better, but should I buy it now in Korea in anticipation of a price increase that might affect the US too?

Ten percent is enough to make me think twice. Thanks!

I wouldn't suggest you buy the Love in the US if the price is about the same in Korea. You'll have to pay our sales tax, which could range from 6% to 10% (or Hawaii 4.7%) depending which state you are visiting. I would get it now and beat the price increase as rumors said it's due soon.

What do you mean by "service", just like attention to you while you shop/buy? Or is there a warranty or after-sales service policy difference too? If the price is about the same, I don't see why you have to go to the US to buy. Hopefully in Korea the prices won't rise! :smile:

I wouldn't suggest you buy the Love in the US if the price is about the same in Korea. You'll have to pay our sales tax, which could range from 6% to 10% (or Hawaii 4.7%) depending which state you are visiting. I would get it now and beat the price increase as rumors said it's due soon.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I’m actually American and I just prefer the shopping experience back home, it’s more comfortable not having to shop in a second language, especially for bigger purchases. They tend to be better about returns and exchanges in the US too, although I don’t know about Cartier in particular (the US department stores for sure are a lot better).

In any case, I just went and double-checked the prices, and it looks like the prices in Korea might have already gone up, or at least it looks more expensive than the last I remember. Right now it’s about $355 cheaper in America (even accounting for Texas sales tax). I guess I might as well wait to buy it?

If anyone’s curious, the pink gold Love is currently 7,650,000 won in South Korea, including tax.

Would love to see more modeling shots!! It’s gorgeous!!!!

IMG_3210.jpg

Thank you lvjunkyxo... I’ll try to get some in outdoor light too...

For those of you with rose gold bracelets is it normal for it to look this much like yellow gold when you first buy it.. I know they end up looking yellowish but I was a little thrown by how similar it looks to my yellow gold plain bracelet

Question for you all - when there's an increase in price, do you adjust your insurance accordingly? So mine are each insured for $6,700 each because that would be the replacement cost after taxes in Mass. But if it goes up, my policy payout wouldn't cover a replacement now. So next year, could I (or would you all) increase the insured value to the then current replacement cost? Not even sure they'd allow that since even an appraisal probably wouldn't appraise it for full replacement value.

I live in Australia and I insure all my Cartier pieces for current retail price so even with the price increases if anything happens to them (which hasn’t ever - fingers crossed) they are insured for full market value ! X

Reactions: A Yah Suh