Cartier Pocket Gem

RubenH

Nov 21, 2020
Hi all

Does anyone of you have the Panthère de Cartier Pocket Gem in yellow gold Ref. OG000247. Cartier website shows only one picture of it and I was not able to even google any additional pictures. Please post any pictures or links to them, thanks!

if you have this creation could you please tell your experience of it?

many thanks

A4332474-A96F-4A11-BE85-7F07EFBCCF40.jpeg

Hmmm. I get why it exists, but it's something I wouldn't buy because of fear of losing it! It's not really attached to you in any meaningful way. I put sunglasses in that spot all the time and they do fall out.

Reactions: RubenH
Hi, I have understood the pocket gem is secured somehow from dropping. It has a clip or some other way to keep it safe.

I find it very cute and playful. The panther peeks out of the pocket like a little baby kangaroo;) I love all animal figures and there are not so many animal gems for men. This has been designed specifically for men to keep it in the suit/jacket’s pocket. I feel uncomfortable with bracelets and rings (although I have some of them) as I am all the time aware I may scratch them. Neclaces and this pocket gem are very difficult to get scratched.

Actually I ordered it already yesterday from Cartier online boutique. It should arrive tomorrow. Let’s see if I still like it. It can be returned free of charge.

Question to you all valuable fellow Cartier friends: I’m a little color blind and therefore I’m insecure in deciding colors. This pocket gem is only available in yellow gold (in addition to white gold with diamonds which is too expensive for me). I have also Cartier Panther ring (the new model which is very narrow) in rose gold. I’m still able to change the ring to yellow gold as I ordered it just befoe Christmas. Personally I might prefer rose gold to yellow gold as it for me is not so loud and eye-catching. However, as this pocket gem is only available in yellow gold should I change also the ring with the Panther motive to yellow gold?

Many thanks my dear friends for valued opinions
RubenH

42A57F8F-432E-40A3-972A-B2CC123F03B7.jpeg

As surely known I am a big fan of the Panthère collection but this *device* I fail to understand. Why someone would like to get such and it seems to me that you lose it easily?

I agree, and you crack me up!:lol:

I would feel more secure if there was a pin like the panthère brooches, which are to die for! I still adore a nice brooch on a coat!
Hi, I have understood the pocket gem is secured somehow from dropping. It has a clip or some other way to keep it safe.

I find it very cute and playful. The panther peeks out of the pocket like a little baby kangaroo;) I love all animal figures and there are not so many animal gems for men. This has been designed specifically for men to keep it in the suit/jacket’s pocket. I feel uncomfortable with bracelets and rings (although I have some of them) as I am all the time aware I may scratch them. Neclaces and this pocket gem are very difficult to get scratched.

Actually I ordered it already yesterday from Cartier online boutique. It should arrive tomorrow. Let’s see if I still like it. It can be returned free of charge.

Question to you all valuable fellow Cartier friends: I’m a little color blind and therefore I’m insecure in deciding colors. This pocket gem is only available in yellow gold (in addition to white gold with diamonds which is too expensive for me). I have also Cartier Panther ring (the new model which is very narrow) in rose gold. I’m still able to change the ring to yellow gold as I ordered it just befoe Christmas. Personally I might prefer rose gold to yellow gold as it for me is not so loud and eye-catching. However, as this pocket gem is only available in yellow gold should I change also the ring with the Panther motive to yellow gold?

Many thanks my dear friends for valued opinions
RubenH

View attachment 4940263

However, after your reasoning, I have changed my mind. It is very CUTE, and I do see your point in not having many items or selections for men. The way you described it like a baby kangaroo peeking out is adorable! I’m sold!

Quite honestly, initially I thought it was a very expensive bookmark (not at all a bad thing) as I love to read. I’ve seen the tie pin, but I’ve never seen THIS! This seems way more fun and modern!

As for the ring, currently, I feel the same way as not wanting items on my fingers to be too flashy so I also chose rings in RG. You probably made the right choice so go with your first instinct.

Also, I think the different colors in gold in the ring and pocket gem will give you variety to have both golds.

Last edited:
Reactions: RubenH and scheurin