Cartier Panthere Small or Midsize?

Hello, reviving this thread as I am also debating over which Panthere size to get. My wrists are 14cm, but does anyone think overall stature matters? I am 5'6, slim and quite athletic looking overall. Thoughts?
I think it depends on the look you are going for. Both small and medium would look great, but the small definitely looks a lot more elegant and classy in my opinion. I am 5’2 with 14.5 cm wrist and got the small, totally could’ve gone with a medium if I wanted but the medium just felt like a regular watch and didn’t look as special to me. Hope it helps - good luck deciding!

Reactions: ItsLuxeDarling
Hello, reviving this thread as I am also debating over which Panthere size to get. My wrists are 14cm, but does anyone think overall stature matters? I am 5'6, slim and quite athletic looking overall. Thoughts?
Also keep in mind the overall balance of your daily jewelry! My wrist is pretty small, so I could pull off the small size quite easily. Unfortunately since I wear a large stack on my right arm, I felt that my wrists didn’t look balanced. And I ended up exchanging my small for a medium and am quite happy. I still find the small very beautiful and am contemplating getting a second one in the small size.

Reactions: blinggirl74
Also keep in mind the overall balance of your daily jewelry! My wrist is pretty small, so I could pull off the small size quite easily. Unfortunately since I wear a large stack on my right arm, I felt that my wrists didn’t look balanced. And I ended up exchanging my small for a medium and am quite happy. I still find the small very beautiful and am contemplating getting a second one in the small size.
Ah yes! I don't wear any bracelets or rings usually so intend the watch to be my one accessory on my arms. Can't decide!! Might have to go into the boutique to try on again.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
I think the small size looks more dressy and will work with everyday wear as well as for more dressy occasions. The larger one looks a little more casual. It depends on the look you’re going for. The trend now is for super large watches but it’s all personal preference.

Reactions: looksjustright
Does anyone have a mini Panthère they could post a picture of? (Any metal) Would love to see what that size looks like! I've known for ages that a Panthère de Cartier is my dream watch. Can't afford it yet, but it's definitely happening at some point! Personally I'd be wearing it for fashion, not function, so I don't really care about a small face being difficult to read. I'm curious what the mini looks like on the wrist, though. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi everyone! Would someone with a Cartier panther of any size be able to do some measuring for me?! Due to COVID all our stores are closed :sad: and I'm wanting to come to a definite decision on which size before I buy online. I understand that Cartier lists the measurements on their website however, I am still a little confused... It doesn't state which is width/length, if it includes the crown, etc. Maybe if someone could hopefully put their Panthere next to a measuring tape or something :P Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone! Would someone with a Cartier panther of any size be able to do some measuring for me?! Due to COVID all our stores are closed :sad: and I'm wanting to come to a definite decision on which size before I buy online. I understand that Cartier lists the measurements on their website however, I am still a little confused... It doesn't state which is width/length, if it includes the crown, etc. Maybe if someone could hopefully put their Panthere next to a measuring tape or something :P Thank you in advance!
Hi! I bought two Cartier watches online and am about to purchase a third, so have been in the same place you are with that decision.

It’s been a crazy day so I’ve not been able to measure my medium panthere, but I’m medium bone structure with a 16 cm wrist. The medium size (I have the ss without diamonds) is a great everyday watch for me, but since I already have a medium ss TF that serves the same purpose, I wish I had chosen differently.

I’m now planning to purchase the small panthere with diamonds, still deciding between gold and ss. The small has a much dressier look than the medium (and would look great worn with a tennis bracelet!).

In the end it comes down to how you plan to wear it. If you’re going for an evening/dressy look then definitely stick with the small and consider the diamonds.

You’ll love shopping with Cartier online. I had outstanding experiences both times. If you find it’s not right for you, you can always return/exchange. I don’t regret getting the medium because I’ll alternate it with my TF for daily use, but if I could only buy one Panthere I would choose the small.

Reactions: hhw and vcaalhambra
Hi! I bought two Cartier watches online and am about to purchase a third, so have been in the same place you are with that decision.

It’s been a crazy day so I’ve not been able to measure my medium panthere, but I’m medium bone structure with a 16 cm wrist. The medium size (I have the ss without diamonds) is a great everyday watch for me, but since I already have a medium ss TF that serves the same purpose, I wish I had chosen differently.

I’m now planning to purchase the small panthere with diamonds, still deciding between gold and ss. The small has a much dressier look than the medium (and would look great worn with a tennis bracelet!).

In the end it comes down to how you plan to wear it. If you’re going for an evening/dressy look then definitely stick with the small and consider the diamonds.

You’ll love shopping with Cartier online. I had outstanding experiences both times. If you find it’s not right for you, you can always return/exchange. I don’t regret getting the medium because I’ll alternate it with my TF for daily use, but if I could only buy one Panthere I would choose the small.

wow! Thank you so much!!!

I agree! I think I’ll go with the small.

My though is (even though my bone structure is larger, my love bracelet is an 18cm) that the medium isn’t much different to many others out there. I also assume the small is even a slightest bit lighter which for me would equal more use.
Also, because I am looking at the YG and Steel, I feel that combination is so common (granted, most watches aren’t real gold), but the smaller size makes it so different to what’s out there. Also love the looser look of the small one!

That must be so exciting to be looking at a 3rd! I love the full yellow gold one! Just so darn expensive! Haha! Best of luck with your decision.

Hi LeilaCreates, let me know which one you choose! I have small SS with diamonds and it’s amazing!

Reactions: LeilaCreates