Cartier or Van Cleef as first luxury purchase???

Meme_lux

Oct 9, 2019
I want to get my first luxury jewellery piece and I’m stuck between the love wedding band and the sweet Alhambra butterfly bracelet! I mostly wear rings and it would perfectly stack with my others. But the bracelet would look so cute with my others! I’m so stuck please help.

I would suggest the VCA first to mix things up a bit. Since you already have rings on. It'll mix up the look! One extra bracelet will be more noticeable than an extra ring on your finger if you're already wearing rings.

Reactions: hhw
I'd say the VCA, but be mindful that it's not meant for 24/7 wear due to the Mother of Pearl, as they suggest it should not get wet. If you're looking for a more carefree bracelet, this version of the Love bracelet is absolutely stunning and it comes in three types of gold :biggrin:

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 09.52.16.png

Reactions: lifelover
Agree with that the baby love bracelet is a great alternative if you want to use it everyday. I have the baby love from Cartier in yellow gold and wore it everyday for years and it still looks amazing. No issues at all. The chain is also thick enough that it won´t snap off or break or snag on things. Not sure about the chain on the vca but mother of pearl for sure is very delicate and imo not suitable for everyday wear.

Reactions: Tb22 and jaskg144
If you're getting a sweet MOP, its fine wearing daily. I wear it daily and have yet to notice anything off about it and it's been like 2 years. They say MOP will shrink but that's with LONGGGG time and you may not even notice the gap of shrinkage on the sides. Replacement for center stone is also not that expensive. $100-200 for when it does happen. Don't be afraid and just get what your heart desires.

PS: Chain on VCA is delicate, thin, and sparkles like no other. I was afraid of how thin it was too, but haven't had a problem. Very sturdy! I work out with it on too! So that says alot about it!

PPS: Cartier and VCA for these two designs are very different. Keep in mind, Cartier WILL be more sturdy considering the design and material. Even the chain is thicker!