Cartier or rolex

LovEmAll

LovEmAll @dailyloves
Aug 28, 2014
Hello!

My DH and I have decided to upgrade my watch :smile: We are going the Preowned route and I am debating between the cartier ballon blue in 36mm or a datejust rolex with the oyster bracelet and mother of pearl face with diamonds. I am very torn and would like your opinions.

Here are some pics in case it helps....these are borrowed from Pinterest and not of the actual watch I would buy.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414291607.295668.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414291617.553673.jpg

TIA!!!

I think the BB is so classy and gorgeous! Amazing beauty!! Much more of a show stopper.

On the Rolex, do you think the diamond markers will be that noticeable? If you really want diamonds (and you can really see them), then that's the way to go.

Either are great!

Tough call.

Cartier:
Pros: In style, Kate Middleton has it!, Cartier!, modern
Cons: less resale, not fabulous movement, not sure if it's a classic, some people have had trouble with the movements (see other items in forum)

Rolex:
Pros: A classic, good resale value, good movement
Cons: design hasn't changed much (see classic) and can look masculine or dated

I like them both a lot, but I'd go Rolex on this one.

I was between the exact two watches three years ago and I chose the rolex-see my avatar! I got the 36mm. I love it and while the large size reads more sporty and fun, the diamonds really dress it up and I can wear it for more formal events too. I would still like to purchase the 33mm BB at some point but for now I am happy with my rollie…. Good luck- you can't go wrong with either choice!